Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Koby

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's going to be exclusive to the PS3, not because I'm a fanboy, on the contrary. It's one of the main reason for me to buy a ps3. If it's not exclusive to ps3, i won't have a Blu-ray player and I will probably wait for the next-gen consoles which (i hope) will all have Blu-ray players.

Thing is though, remember over in japan 13 was a ps3 exclusive for a while but then they made it for the 360 also. So who knows what might happen.

FF13 was already announced to be coming out on the 360 at a later date before it was even released on the PS3.

FF Versus 13 however has always been stated to be exclusive.

It has different staff working on it. The leader is the same guy who was in charge of Kingdom Hearts and he just so happens to be a PlayStation fanboy.

FF Versus 13 however has always been stated to be exclusive.

Good. Not cutting shit out so that it'll fit with the 360 is the best way to go. I read recently that they had to cut an ass load of shit out of FF13 just to make it fit with the xbox, which may have lead to it being as linear as it was.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97532-Mounds-of-Content-Cut-from-Final-Fantasy-XIII

I hope it's going to be exclusive to the PS3, not because I'm a fanboy, on the contrary. It's one of the main reason for me to buy a ps3. If it's not exclusive to ps3, i won't have a Blu-ray player and I will probably wait for the next-gen consoles which (i hope) will all have Blu-ray players.

I doubt any other consoles will have a BluRay, since apparently, Sony dominates the BluRay market. Sony is also one of the only companies working on BluRay.

I doubt any other consoles will have a BluRay, since apparently, Sony dominates the BluRay market. Sony is also one of the only companies working on BluRay.

Actually there are rumors that Sony traded Bluray technology to Microsoft in exchange for the Kinect technology.

And LG is the company who own the Bluray player in the PS3 and there has been some disputes between the two, because Sony did not respect the deal or something.

I personally hope that it comes to the 360 too, because I never wanted a PS3, but this or KH3 is going to force me to buy one. They can just port it like they did with XIII.

They didn't just 'port' FF13, they dumbed down the graphics a bit, compressed the game, and cut out a large chunk of the game so it would take less discs for 360, which also affected the PS3 version because they left all that out on it to as to have only one version.

They should not continue to fuck up the games just to support the goofballs who switched to the inferior XBOX this generation.

Whats the point of making it exclusive? wouldn't square make more money off it if it wasn't exclusive? anyway if it were to be exclusive i would hope it would be for ps3 :P

Not being exclusive doesn't necessarily mean more money. Because it also costs more money to port the game to another console. Not just that but releasing it on the inferior 360 also requires them to remove stuff from the game, lower audio and video quality, etc... all things they sacrificed in the original FF13. I've been told nearly a fourth of the game had to be stripped to make it fit for the 360. I don't want the same thing to happen with Versus just so first-person-shooter fanboys (pretty much the entire 360 fanbase) have a chance to play a game they should have gotten the PS3 for.

Whats the point of making it exclusive? wouldn't square make more money off it if it wasn't exclusive? anyway if it were to be exclusive i would hope it would be for ps3 :P

As Koby said, they wouldn't really make more money. With FFXIII-2 for example, the X360 hasn't even sold half of what the PS3 has sold so far and that doesn't really warrant a port to Microsoft. That is based on worldwide sales. It wouldn't be worth the porting costs if they can't sell at least 80% of what the original version sold. It is a marketing strategy used with risk to determine if a game or series would do better on another platform. With Final Fantasy, it just doesn't work on the X360 in their eyes as a company. Also, Koby is right about the content removal, but that is only for story portions removed. Another 1/4 of the entire game of XIII was removed in the form of game mechanics. XIII was originally not going to be so linear and was going to have a World Map, among other things. Most of this had to be scrapped and started over because the X360 couldn't handle what the PS3 could and they had to make only one universal version of the game.

EDIT: For those asking when Versus XIII will be done, Square has said that they hope to get it out in Japan by the end of this year and have the Dev Team for it start immediately on Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...