Fate/stay night & Fate/Zero (Entire franchise) Discussion

RazorDan

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy Fate/Zero more than the Fate/Stay Night anime because the characters have very clear thoughts on how to fight and win the holy grail war. Fate/Stay Night was about people, mostly teenagers, who didn't really know what they had gotten into.

The Fate/Stay Night game was pretty cool though, especially the Unlimited Blade Works route.

I'm looking forward to the second season of this show!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-16/sentai-filmworks-adds-fate/stay-night/unlimited-blade-works-film

Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it licensed the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works anime film. The company will release the film digitally and on DVD and Blu-ray Disc later this year. The all-new animated production covered the Unlimited Blade Works storyline from Type-Moon's game franchise. The film opened in Japan in January 2010, and the film's Blu-ray Disc release in Japan in October of that year sold 44,000 copies in its first week.

Director Yuji Yamaguchi, series script supervisor Takuya Sato, character designer and chief animation director Megumi Ishihara, and Studio DEEN all returned from the Fate/stay night television series. Voice cast members Noriaki Sugiyama, Ayako Kawasumi, Kana Ueda, Noriko Shitaya, Mai Kadowaki, Miki Itou, Junichi Suwabe, Yuu Asakawa, and Jouji Nakata also reprised their respective roles.

Funimation released a Fate/stay night anime series box as one of its first anime DVDs from its distribution deal with Geneon Entertainment. Tokyopop published 11 volumes of Datto Nishiwaki's manga version in North America before its North American branch shut down last May.

This is great news, though I do hope the movie was worth waiting 2 years for an English Dub.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-16/sentai-filmworks-adds-fate/stay-night/unlimited-blade-works-film

This is great news, though I do hope the movie was worth waiting 2 years for an English Dub.

No it wasn't. Trust me. I watched it (more like skipped it). Without giving any spoilers let's say this: do not put much faith in this movie, otherwise you will be disappointed. The only good thing in the movie was animation. Everything else... wasted evening. For me at least.

No it wasn't. Trust me. I watched it (more like skipped it). Without giving any spoilers let's say this: do not put much faith in this movie, otherwise you will be disappointed. The only good thing in the movie was animation. Everything else... wasted evening. For me at least.

You do realize its a different story right? I mean, disappointing in what sense?!

You do realize its a different story right? I mean, disappointing in what sense?!

First third, maybe fourth of the movie like watching recap episode from TV series. Explaining and showing what, with whom and how. Boring... Can't stand watch things that I have already seen.

Anyway... About different story. I can't say for sure how it is different (as I skipped most of this movie, though what I noticed that the story line differs from TV series), but either way even it is different story, watching same characters doing almost the same thing maybe in different way is just... boring. What can I say. Well, this is how I am. Really, if it would have been something like sequel, maybe my opinion was different. But not now.