Measures I'm Considering.

Koby

Due to the amount of people I'm having to temporary suspend and delete posts for every day.. because some people are idiots who can't read or refuse to do anything but spam so they can leech.

I am considering either upping the post count needed to access the downloads or increasing the time the forum takes to upgrade your account. That way I'd be more likely to catch the abuser before they actually start accessing and downloading stuff by spamming.

I am also considering adding some new moderators to the staff line-up since we have been getting more active, and it will be helpful for us to lessen the load I have to do every time I visit lately.

I'm not sure how mods can temp suspend members though.. but cloud1414 seems to have done so before so they must have the option somewhere. I just temp ban them in the admin cp and give em a warning to when they come back not to spam or risk permanently getting banned.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love if you could anything about the people who sign up say hi, get 3 other people to say welcome, and then you never see them post again. That's so annoying. I know I am new here but I try to be as active as I can be on the forums.

The only thing about upping the post minimum is that it could encourage more spamming. And that's what we are trying to rid the forums of. I would love to help out around the forums in anyway and am usually browsing the forums a couple hours out of the day. So if I can do anything to help please let me know Koby.

I think you uping the amount of post would be a good idea because alot of the people just say hello and download to their content and they don't really care for the trouble it causes for the forum. I know I am new and haven't posted alot but then again I haven't downloaded but two episodes of Full metal panic.

Anyways uping the amount of post would be a good action to take man, because in all reality alot of people that want to just download and use the site only for that reason probaly won't want to take the time to post. I think taking these measures will help you and the site alot.

I think you uping the amount of post would be a good idea because alot of the people just say hello and download to their content and they don't really care for the trouble it causes for the forum. I know I am new and haven't posted alot but then again I haven't downloaded but two episodes of Full metal panic.

Anyways uping the amount of post would be a good action to take man, because in all reality alot of people that want to just download and use the site only for that reason probaly won't want to take the time to post. I think taking these measures will help you and the site alot.

Yeah, well I'd be happy even if they didn't post around, if they just took the time to post a thank you to whoever uploaded what they are downloading. But they don't even do that much.

A simple thank you shows to the uploader that people are actually appreciated of their time taken to supply the anime, and also shows people are downloading what they've worked on uploading for Anime fans. It isn't hard to post something nice and courteous to them.

I'm not saying this just because I upload stuff.. I'm saying this because there are tons of other uploaders coming here to upload their stuff all the time and they might feel like no one is grabbing their uploads.. thus they might stop providing all together.

Though it would be awesome if people could post elsewhere around the forum though. =P

I don't think I'm expecting too much from people.

I would deffinately raise the number of posts. Its so aggrevating when people abuse the forum. Its not too much to ask for downloaders to be more involved in the forum besides saying hello, taking what they want and casting the uploaders and the rest of the forum aside. I dont want to rant so im just gone stop talking about it now but sumthing needs to be done and I think your on the right track Koby

Up the needed posts to 20 or 30 and see how that works out. Maybe it would put off the people just here to download with no interest in being part of the community. I know I'm new here so I don't have much room to talk, but if you need any help with this I'd be more than willing to help out where ever needed.

Than I'm up 2 the task 2... Since Koby needs helps, I'll knock spamers off, if those idiots don't make a decent introduction in SeeD Hallway, waring them, and I'll advice them on what 2 do ...

I know how Sql works, I was an admin on a online game (lineage 2 one), I know how 2 work on forums, and atm I'm 24/7... I'll be uploading animes 2...

So I'm more glad than happy to help Koby out...

I think you should be more lenient on the leecher thing. It's better if you only encourage them to become active forum members.

Maybe so.. but the thing is.. they aren't just coming and posting the one post required to access the downloads.. they are coming and spamming old threads, or old intros or other ppls intros.. with 1 word posts just saying "hi" or "im new" or "thanks". They aren't posting in the correct places... and they aren't following the forum rules of spam. :/

That is more or less my frustration with the leechers. That and I want them to acknowledge the work the uploaders do and appreciate them, such as yourself. Because it takes time to upload, and some uploaders such as yourself, not only upload, but also encode the videos they upload which takes even more time and effort.

Maybe so.. but the thing is.. they aren't just coming and posting the one post required to access the downloads.. they are coming and spamming old threads, or old intros or other ppls intros.. with 1 word posts just saying "hi" or "im new" or "thanks". They aren't posting in the correct places... and they aren't following the forum rules of spam. :/

That is more or less my frustration with the leechers. That and I want them to acknowledge the work the uploaders do and appreciate them, such as yourself. Because it takes time to upload, and some uploaders such as yourself, not only upload, but also encode the videos they upload which takes even more time and effort.

Ahh I know where your coming from and yes encoding does take a long ass time. I'm not active on every forum so I haven't seen the spam but if that's the case...

EDIT: You should try using the feature where people can't see the downloads until they post on that thread. Sure you might be forcing them into posting thanks but it's thanks nonetheless.

I myself in newer to the forum and I know that one time posters are being stupid leechers. Again I dont think it wouldn't hurt to raise the post amount, It will help avoid people just leeching because for the past few weeks i have been ripping and encoding videos and its alot of work. It is bull crap when they can't say thank you at all either that is the least they could do...

As for the spammers I dont know so much about it but wouldn't raising the post amount to be able to download help. I mean yeah you will have those that just go around posting crap like "yeah" or just "great" or something like that to get the post amount up but that would just reveal them as the spammers that they are and you can ban them right? Again I don't know much but thats my opinion...

You should try using the feature where people can't see the downloads until they post on that thread. Sure you might be forcing them into posting thanks but it's thanks nonetheless.

This is a brilliant idea and should be tried out :D