What Went Wrong.

Koby

Server Provider fucked up and thought we were past due on payment. As a result they terminated our account and deleted all the files without warning. Although we were no where near past payment. So the entire site was lost. I had to reinstall all the software to make shit work on the server and then try to restore the site with whatever the last back up I had was from.

Luckily the forum was backed up on March 15th so all we lost was every thing that took place between March 15th and March 24th (all new members, all posts, all topics, etc.. are gone).

The rest of the sites aren't so lucky as the last backup I could find for them was from all the way back to early January.

So yeah we lost a lot of data, but I'm working on restoring all the sites once again.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG... I mean come on. How can they screw up something like this without even giving you a notice for just in case... they... well... screw up. They should give you the rest of the year for free:mad:

Well thanks for all the hard work Koby in getting the forums back up so quickly.

Wow, you were right Koby. I just checked all my posts, polls, requests, (etc, etc,) And their all gone, but what can you do, right? Stupid idiots for deleting all of this communities work on the account of (Almost-no Possibility) missed payment. Anyways, thanks for letting us a know what happened Koby.Your the man.

Btw Koby, did the same thing happen to Dub Kingdom and Animetokyo? Because whenever I click on something on Dub Kingdom, it takes me to a 404 error, and Animetokyo is not working at all.

I see. Sucks, cuz I just visited the sites I mentioned, and I can't tell the difference between the working and non working links.lol. But what do we do about all the stuff we lost? Anybody?

Not much we can do I guess, so we just have to start again. Its not like the site is gone, as long as this site is here im content. As for the stuff we lost, we'll just have to re-upload it and as I said begin again. It's not like we starting all over again, there is still a lot here, we just lost a little of it.

I wonder what happened to a bunch of my posts? There wasn't anything bad in them, I don't think. I wonder why they disappeared?

Learn how to read the news in Broadcast Station. It's what it is there for.

I've had enough. I hate this site now. I don't have alot of time left since I have a bad lung. I refuse to waste it on this site. I don't care about any broadcast section. Constantly having to repost and still not being allowed any downloads even after waiting over 30 minutes, for a retarded activation is enough for me.

Besides, be told to learn to read is a bigger insult than you understand.

Enjoy going the way of megaupload.

We can't help that our server provider deleted our files and we had to revert to a near 10 day old back up. I was simply answering your question that if you had learned to read the news as thats why it's there then you wouldn't have to ask questions that have already been answered.

That is no reason for you to act like a fucking asshole.

I guess some people just don't understand....

I guess some people just don't understand....

Wow, just wow. I can't believe someone would react like that to something so small. I guess this little problem we have had will weed out some of the leechers. Im sure that true members will not be bothered by this small set back. I just can't get over how he acted, it takes a few minutes to read the broadcast section for updates, if they don't have the time to read or even try to understand whats going on with the site, then I guess we have no time for them.

Wow, just wow. I can't believe someone would react like that to something so small. I guess this little problem we have had will weed out some of the leechers. Im sure that true members will not be bothered by this small set back. I just can't get over how he acted, it takes a few minutes to read the broadcast section for updates, if they don't have the time to read or even try to understand whats going on with the site, then I guess we have no time for them.

Well......we can't expect everyone to be understanding......there will be creeps everywhere popping out with their stupid comments without the slightest bit of sympathy or understanding.

I got a bit worried too when I noticed some posts missing but I came in here and saw what had happened. You sure do a wonderful job, Koby.......this site and its loyal members owe you a lot for keeping it up and running, and also keeping us posted on the situation^^^^^^^ Cheers to ya^^^^