Pokemon English Dub Discussion Thread

Kid Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
I have never heard the japanese dub of Pokemon. I live in Canada so ever since Pokemon came out when I was a kid I only watched the eng dub. I find Ash's voice a bit annoying but I love when the pokemon talk.

I also grew up listening to the English Dub as well, which is why I refuse to watch the subs.

man every thing after the end of sinnoh league has been a total fail IMO just watch the gym battles and read episode summary for the rest from black and white onwards ...

Well I personally LOVE Black and White, despite it not being as good as the previous seasons/series.

I loved the english dub of pokeomon i haven't seen the recent series but i still remember that gotta catchem all theme lol, i am curious to see how the sub version is just to see it uncut but the english version will always be number 1 to me

Why haven't you bothered to catch up on the English Dub of Pokemon yet?

I started with English dubs when I was a kid and then transitioned into subs starting around late 3rd Gen, when the transition was going into 4th Gen. The english dubs decreased in quality for me somewhere in between the 3rd Gen when Ash's VA changed. So I went into subs.

But I did watch a few of 4th Gen in english cuz i couldnt find the episodes in subs and it was only available in dubs. But i have yet to check the 5th gen.

• 3 years later...

Nothing beats the original saga, hands down. The only problem with the 4Kids dub was that they made mistakes and never corrected them, only the last episodes of Advanced Battle got this treatment for some reason. The Hoenn dubbed saga was awful in my eyes because I noticed a change in voices and they were grating to hear. Brock sounded too girly, Team Rocket sounded too kiddy like and Ash was just, ugh. Plus, the soundtracks were... no, just no, especially this one which I despise the most.