SMF Skinning..

Koby

The templates are freaking confusing as hell. I worked out the index page the way I liked but I've having mad hell with the page where posts are. I worked on it for 6 hours nearly and still got no closer to finishing. Frustrated I simply deleted the custom job I'd done to that page.

I was trying to recode the template to be fully exchangeable with IPB, meaning I could simply take CSS from IF skins and viola have good skins. But that is easier said then done. Guess I will just have to keep the post page the same and do some sort of work around or something. But I feel that SMF skin setup's are ugly as crap. xD

I'll attempt it again soon, but I'd rather not have to. Have no fear though. Some way I will GET my custom made skin to work right.

• 1 month later...

Linoud IF is a host not a software. xD True to that Evangelion. But also, I've yet to show my skin. With skinning I can completely alter everything about anything you see here. And one thing we have here that we don't at IF, is I have full control over anything, can backup the forum etc.. So when vB comes, we won't lose any data.. like we would if I used IF.

Necropost. And this board is more secure than IF, we constantly got hacked on IF.

An IF board has never got hacked, the proper term is cracked, which basically means that someone guessed or possibly knew Koby's password and did some damage, obviously he wasn't bright since he didn't change the password completely from him but yeah, if you convert to IF you'll just have to have a strong password, like hex codes or just intricate letterings. As far as I'm concerned skins are much more different then you think, some of them are the same but if you check other resource boards other then IFSZ you'll find a lot of other skins. Any who I'll help as best as I can.

Evangelion.. an IF board never hacked? RAOTFLMAO. Invisionfree, true gets cracked often, but it has been hacked on several occasions as well. Or more precisely one of the servers on which they use for their hosting. I don't know if you were around a couple years ago.. I think 2002 or 2003, every forum on server 2 crashed and lost everything due to someone hacking the server.