Which would you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360?

asassin06

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own, all three next generation consoles. Here's my ideas though:

The Wii, is obviously the best seller, also obviously very inovative. However the Xbox 360 has a lot of nice features, and clearly the most superior online community in my personal experience. The PS3 has graphics, and some good features, but I will always criticize it for it's poor backwards compatability.

All and all they are all good systems, and I honestly can't say there is a "best".

My oppinion is based not on my knowledge, it's just the simple fact that I find Xbox more close to me than PS3. I don't know why exactly, and I can't bring any arguments.

Nevertheless, I was just comparing two consoles. I haven't had a consoe since Sega Mega Drive, and I dont want to, really, because PC is my thing.

I like my PC for obvious reasons that it provides me with so much more than just games.

But if I had to choose the consoles I'd pick a PS3 and a Wii... for different reasons. The Wii would be more active and games (more activity wouldn't be a bad thing for me...) the PS3 would provide me with that coveted Blu-Ray player and games.

For me it's more about how many varieties of things I can get for my money's worth.

i love my ps3 <3

i think the ps3 has better rpgs - even the ones that are dual platform suffer graphic-wise on the xbox, like ffXIII (graphics compressed for xbox which affects graphic and audio quality, uncompressed for sony because it is blue-ray. so it looks and sounds better) xbox is all about the first person shooters, and i don't really care for first person shooters.

so i think if you like first person shooters the xbox is the way to go, but personally i prefer the ps3.

I have to admit that Shade has a point. People are overlooking PC gaming, when it's becoming more and more advanced. Truth be told, the PC is capable of better graphics, and more features than any of the consoles.

Currently, the PC can't handle the level of Graphics as a PS3 or XBOX 360. They usually have more glitches on screen with shading, shadows, and others. Those feautures are more stable on consoles than the PC.

I prefer the PS3 out of both of them. I personally prefer the playstation style of controls. Also, since I still have PS1 games, they are still good even if my PS1 and PSX both die, since I can play them on the PS3 and also PS2. I prefer the playstation consoles also, because I am more interested in RPGs, while the majority of XBOX games over the years have been shooters, war games, etc. It was only recently that they started getting more RPGs. Playstation still has many more, though.

i also own all 3 systems as well as a decent pc. recently i dont play any games because i found this site and have been spending all my time watching anime. but if i had to choose id say ps3 since it has so much more then just gaming. the only reason i got a 360 was because all my friends had one.

Well, I have PSP, DS, Wii, PS2, PS3, PC. The only one that I don't have is XBOX 360. So I vote for PS3.

Great game recommend

Demon's Soul --> very hard and challenge

Valkyria Cronical

Resident Evil5

Lost Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

ummm.... Final XIII, I feel this one is boring(compare to other FF) but many people say that it will be fun when you reach chap 11 ... (This game has 13 chap - -"), I'm now at chap10

• 2 weeks later...

In my humble opinion Microsoft has really dropped the ball with its recent actions. When the 360 first came out over half were rrod out of box. I think Koby knows what I mean. Sony on the other hand has really outdone themselves with the ps3 (although I think they should have kept the backwards compatibility). I'm not tying to rant on Microsoft, but if they want to get in to the video game stream they should try better.

on the note of the topic, I would choose ps3.

In my humble opinion Microsoft has really dropped the ball with its recent actions. When the 360 first came out over half were rrod out of box. I think Koby knows what I mean. Sony on the other hand has really outdone themselves with the ps3 (although I think they should have kept the backwards compatibility). I'm not tying to rant on Microsoft, but if they want to get in to the video game stream they should try better.

on the note of the topic, I would choose ps3.

Last survey I read on the matter tested 5,000 consoles for 6 months of each one.

360 had a 54.6% rate of breaking.

PS3 had something like 7%.

Wii had less than 1%.

I honestly can't bring myself to pay that kind of money on a 360 if it has a better chance of breaking in the first six months then it does lasting through the first 6 months.. >_<

As for the PS3.. I want to see them bring back backwards compatibility before I get one for the price they are selling them for.

As for the Wii.. it's the only one I have purchased because it was cheap, had backwards compatibility, and has a very low rate of something breaking. Now I just can't wait till this summer when what seems to be promising for RPG's on the Wii such as Arc Rise Fantasia.