Kametsu MIA Explained | Future of Kametsu

Koby

Glad to see that Kametsu is not dead and is back up and running. FYI I have a huge collection of anime stored on my external hard drive that I am willing to share. The quality of the anime I have is really good. Not HD 720p but more on the lines of good 480p quality. Let me know if you need any of it. So I know you said that 99.9% of the download links are dead right now. Do we have a list of any links that are still active or alive? Also is the Anime Download of this forum down for everyone or just me because I am special?(LOL)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that Kametsu is not dead and is back up and running. FYI I have a huge collection of anime stored on my external hard drive that I am willing to share. The quality of the anime I have is really good. Not HD 720p but more on the lines of good 480p quality. Let me know if you need any of it. So I know you said that 99.9% of the download links are dead right now. Do we have a list of any links that are still active or alive? Also is the Anime Download of this forum down for everyone or just me because I am special?(LOL)

I've hidden the old download section and made a new temp one.

I went through the dub and dual-audio section and what I found alive has been moved to the temp section.

I still need to go through the sub, ipod, and mini sections though.

Anyways you can see what we have here: http://forums.kametsu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Hosts I'd recommend would be: netload, bayfiles, refile, megashares, rapidshare, mediafire, wupload.

Glad to know it was just server/Tech Support problems and nothing more serious.

I have no knowledge in encoding(plus, I don't own that many series to begin with). Most of my Files get deleted on a regular basis to clear space(REALLY need another HDD). Plus I have limited bandwidth, so uploading often isn't really easy for me.

I could try helping by uploading some of the new subbed series from the Winter 2012 season if I get the time. :/

I believe finding a new host would be fine.. we should use Rapid share as no wait times per download...just the links need to be name change to mask on RS so they dont get found since we only want ppl from Kamestu downloading anyway...

and what i mean by masking is changing the name of the ep it self that is uploaded and stored on the site so when they do a keyword search threw there server it wont show up like for bleach ep 1. instead of it saying [bleach 001] have it say B-001... and since it will be on the thread were bleach is so the link can only be accessed threw that thread page it will be fine for anyone on here it just wont show up on any google or filestube search keeping it hidden from prying eyes not on kamestu forums as it should be it toke me a year to find this site only to less then a month later the world got net-raped... owe and to cover the different versions of each series too...

eg. B-001 < normal Jap/eng subbed version, B-001-M < mini version, B-001-DA < Dual Audio version, B-001-720 < 720p version...anyway that is all you have to do to file names...

owe and as for using megashares at the moment there servers are overloaded thanx to the death of so many others and them being the closest to megauploads in style i had to get a 1 month premium account just to maintain a stable connection to even download a single ep as it was kicking me for other premium members for the past 3 days on many different downloads...anyway that is my 2 cents it is a lot quicker doing it this way then trying to torrent it unless you are going to supply a dozen or so upload stations to get the ball rolling on every show and hope that others continue to upload afterwards and not only that once you do that anyone will be able to download with out coming or signing onto the forum with the torrents in net search...

anyway that is just one idea still every file would have to be uploaded again to the host site... not a problem if you have a extremely fast connection... and unlimited data net as well...

ok i dont think i lost the plot little here should get some sleep...

and i wouldnt worry about using Wupload either 5 minute minimum waits for free users all the way upto 120 minute waits there going into melt down as well and deleting a lot of links all the links i was after last night went from wait time to file deleted...so reckon it wont be long before they have nothing on there site....

So great to see everything (well mostly) is back up and running. Personally, I would rather stay away from torrents but if that's the way you decide to go I won't complain; it's not my site after all. Besides, I still have a ton of stuff to watch at the moment so it doesn't matter if I can't get anything immediately.

The worst thing for me about this whole thing (aside from having no community to vent to) was I had two months of MU premium and 1 1/2 month of FS that is now pretty useless. Not like I'm going to get my money back is it FBI?

On the positive side, you're now closer to home for me so the pages might load milliseconds faster. Joking of course but I would never leave this community, it's the home of my games series so that would be a stupid move.

Whichever route you decide to go down, I'll support it. If I knew more about encoding I'd offer my services but as I don't I'll have to stick to the vague encouragement of others. Go team!!!

I use rapidshare usually so it wouldn't be do bad.

Figured something like that happened to Kametsu with the server crashing and everything. Nice to see their techsupport was such a quality staff!

I'm not sure IRCBot is the best way to go to be honest, you'd either have a lot of users idling on irc or others deciding to go elsewhere due to a hate for IRC. I've notice a lot peope either love or hate IRC. If you do I could help with it as I've done it in the past but I have limited time so it might be difficult at times for me to do things with it.

Glad Kametsu is up and running again. Have you given any thought into changing, the website extension from .com to something else? Another, website I use changed theirs last year. Do you think it may be a good idea? Considering the FBI has said if a website ends in .com or .net that gives them jurisdiction.

I would prefer, file hosts but I understand they are becoming extinct. Having direct download would be great but costly. And do you really want to host the files yourself? Having them somewhere else might be safer. I don't know how to use IRC but I'm willing to learn, torrents however, is something I stay away from. The few times I used them, it was slow and one of the shows I wanted had over 200 leechers and only 1 seeder (This is what lead me to find sites like Kametsu) plus I needed extra software to convert the files. Then there is the issue of seeding, I know I would not be able to seed anything. I found out the hard way that my cable provider has bandwidth limitation.

Have you considered Uploadc, Putlocker, SockShare, VideoWeed and NovaMov to name a few? I know they’re video players but they do offer download links. Good luck to you it can‘t be easy right now.

WOOOHOOO!! Kametsu is back! Good work on that and not giving up, Koby! Definitely thank you!

As for my suggestion for the DL section, my vote goes 100% to file host sites. I recommend mediafire as our #1 choice because it's pretty fast, there's almost no wait time, and is multiple DL friendly as I'd call it. I don't really have much uploading experience, BUT I will try to learn and do my best to contribute in Kametsu's time of need! :]