Kametsu MIA Explained | Future of Kametsu

Koby

It's been too long Kametsu.

My question is, would option 2 mean that downloads will be uploaded to & hosted on this site? If not, then there's an option we could also consider, even though it will take up an ass load of memory, it would probably be best in the long run, if we can find a way around the memory problem, couldn't you just hook up as many hard drives that can fit on a server, with each on having as much memory as current hard drives hold?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow finally welcome back people,If it were up to me I would go for Torrenting as I'm using it for years,but, torrenting is a little bit unpredictable, for an on going episodes it would work like a charm but for other less popular old series? I don't know, even if you make a private tracker how long a torrent file will last? the only possible solution is having your own server,but it's deadly.other than that any other option won't be sufficient.we can only hope for the best.a I don't know about the irc bot.......whatever decision you take we are with you :)

I came back here and I get this message?

Hello Ang3lofDarkness it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

There is plenty to discuss here at Kametsu Forums. You can talk about Anime and Video Games, and find the latest Anime and Gaming news. You can even talk about movies, books and other forms of entertainment. Go show off your Graphic skills or request a Graphic, find Anime Downloads or post some, and much more!

So please, enjoy your stay and help contribute to the community by remaining an active member!

What the hell man!? Lol just joking, anyways good to see kametsu back. About IRC bots, you can run it off a slow computer and it still work, I mean anyone could set it up using their own internet if they wanted to. But if you did decided to use IRC bot it be hard for users to upload animes to it, since they would need access to the server and I bet not many people are willing to allow random people access their computer for example.

Just adding in to people saying about the DDL from kametsu

That would take far too many resources to be applicable for a network like kametsu

Torrents (as I said before) would be great, and if a torrent dies or too old to be active, Myself (or someone else) could upload the torrent to a file-host (which I'm sure we will probably upload them to various file-host sites to avoid a megaupload incident) but a mixture of torrents and file-hosts would be good

Yay! It's back! ^_^

"It seems you have not posted in several weeks..." This makes me giggle. Of course I haven't posted... It hasn't been here to post on!

As far as downloads go... I'm fine with just getting rid of them. It might make some of the leechers angry, but if they didn't contribute anyway... Why should that matter? If you do decide to keep them, I'd stay away from the well known file host sites. It's only a matter of time before they get hit too. IRCbot would be good if we had our own server to hold the anime. But of course, I have no idea how to set anything like that up.

And BOOOMM!!!!! Kametsu is back in action!! The long awaited return is a glorious one!!! I am now planning to set up a monthly donation fee to the site as I planned to when the site first went down and we all gathered on FB. As for the downloads, at this point I say we wait it out and see what happens. I noticed some uploaders have already started using the new hosts so I guess people are willing to use these new hosts for downloads so we can't really rule out the download section unless everything goes to hell with the remaning hosts.

And lastly, it's great to see everyone again!!

Phew. I was out of town without internet access since the 12th, and I came back a couple days ago to find the filehosting world in tatters. I'm glad Kametsu isn't calling it quits.

I hope the filehosting sites will quiet down in a few weeks after this initial panic. Fileserve is already allowing uploads and downloads again, though it seems they've wiped almost all of the old files. Rapidshare and Mediafire seem like my go-to's for the moment, though that will probably change as uploaders and encoding groups decide on a new standard site or two like they did with MU/FS/FSo.

I hope Kametsu stays with filehosts as one of it's main systems, but I can see a torrent tracker being popular as well.

If you go down the private tracker route then use magnet links which will dramatically cut the server costs by reducing bandwidth and server space. Don't even bother offering the torrent file.

An IRC bot is my preferred way, but I expect you will see less forum activity if everyone is idling on IRC all day!

Glad that Kametsu is finally back up. Thanks Koby for all the hard work. I would actually say that we just do mass searches of the dead filehosts and dump all those threads in the dead links, might be left with some threads. I have a feeling that we wouldnt be able to get torrents running properly, and no downloads would partly kill the site.

On a different note, do you know the approximate cost to start up some direct downloads from the site?

Glad that Kametsu is finally back up. Thanks Koby for all the hard work. I would actually say that we just do mass searches of the dead filehosts and dump all those threads in the dead links, might be left with some threads. I have a feeling that we wouldnt be able to get torrents running properly, and no downloads would partly kill the site.

On a different note, do you know the approximate cost to start up some direct downloads from the site?

That would be a lot of money, you need a powerful server with a lot of bandwidth. With the size of this community I say it could cost upto 1000 dollars if we put a lot of animes into it.