Winter 2011-2012 Anime Season

Koby

Chart:

i8I2SwQ2SdUqK.jpg

I'll talk about some that showed promise in my opinion or I felt I should comment on.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster - I admit I was interested in this, however after checking out episode one I'm going to pass on this. It was terribly done and very low quality. The old scenes look filtered to death and upscaled badly and the new effects while looking decent seem to clash with the old scenes by looking out of place amongst the crap.

Mouretsu Pirates - The first space-opera themed series in a while. It's basically about a highschool girl becoming a legal space pirate. Could be interesting or it might turn into fanservice garbage but I'm willing to give the time of day to find out for now.

BRAVE10 - I usually pass up these Sengoku-based shows from bad past experiences and that fact there has been so many of them. In fact I was going to pass this one up based on the chart's picture and description however I took a look at the promo trailer and I instantly decided I'd be picking this up. The trailer gave me hope that this would turn out great and I really enjoy the character designs. udging from the manga, there’s a good blend of lighthearted and serious moments. TMS Entertainment isn’t a studio we see a lot from either.

Another - A drama/mystery series which seems to have people thinking it was going to be a horror show. This seems to be the most interesting new show of the season and the one everyone is talking about so I couldn't pass it up. Definitely going to be checking it out.

Black Rock Shooter - Wasn't much of a fan of the OVA, not like I really understood what the hell it was about, but hey the artwork was nice so I'm willing to give the 8 episode TV show the chance to make things make sense.

I'll comment about some other series in a bit and I'll post more about these series once I get a chance to watch them and such.

Fall Season: Wrap Up

This section will quickly review what shows have ended and which shows are continuing into Winter.

Ended:

• UN-GO
  • Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
  • Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
  • Fate/Zero
  • Working'!!
  • Maken-Ki!
  • Kimi to Boku
  • Mashiro-Iro Symphony
  • Tamayura ~hitotose~
  • Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
  • Maji de Watashu ni Koi Shinasai!!
  • C3: Cube x Cursed x Curious
  • Ben-To

Continuing:

• Hunter x Hunter
  • Chihayafuru
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
  • Guilty Crown
  • Persona 4
  • Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
  • Phi Brain
  • Bakuman 2
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Shakugan no Shana III

• 4 weeks later...
o_o Area no kishi, a soccer anime! automatic must watch. I havent been watching a lot of stuff recently, any recommendations so far?

The big ones that people have been talking about is Moretsu Pirates and Another, both are supposed to be quite good. Another one thats also getting good reviews if you like to learn as you watch is Thermae Romae, about bathing in general and the baths. I also plan on eventually watching The Familiar of Zero, but not until its over

o_o Area no kishi, a soccer anime! automatic must watch. I havent been watching a lot of stuff recently, any recommendations so far?

Truth be told, while I'm downloading the ones I mentioned above on a weekly basis, I haven't actually started watching any of them. Hell last season I didn't even get around to starting half of what I picked up either. I've been too busy to watch them but it doesn't hurt to archive them for later after all we never know what may happen to cause us to no longer be able to download them in the future. So yeah can't really give any recommendations.

However Mouretsu Pirates and Highschool DxD have already been licensed for release in the USA if that means anything to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently watching both Another and Black Rock Shooter, which i have to say that both for me are going pretty well. Another started off a bit slow but around episode 3 it started to pick up and its been going strong ever sense. in the case of Black Rock Shooter the only reason i am watching it is because i watched the OVA and there are still a few things that i don't understand and i am hoping it will be explained in the series. i started watching Brave 10 but dropped it. also i am continuing to watch Guilty Crown which i have to say is going pretty good even with all its Cliché moments

• 1 month later...

highschool dxd and moretsu pirates are 2 of the better shows ive seen for awhile , highschool dxd might be heavy on fanservice but it has an interesting story to back it up with , moretsu pirates is a fantastic new take on the space pirate theme , ive enjoyed highschool dxd (hopefully they get season2 organised soon) and am waiting for more moretsu pirates :)

inu x boku ss is another interesting one my boys downloaded, havent had a chance to more than glance at parts of it but looks good :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ikr? I've never seen an anime about soccer before X3

I am currently watching both Another and Black Rock Shooter, which i have to say that both for me are going pretty well. Another started off a bit slow but around episode 3 it started to pick up and its been going strong ever sense. in the case of Black Rock Shooter the only reason i am watching it is because i watched the OVA and there are still a few things that i don't understand and i am hoping it will be explained in the series. i started watching Brave 10 but dropped it. also i am continuing to watch Guilty Crown which i have to say is going pretty good even with all its Cliché moments

I couldn't really get into BRS. I only watched the first 2 episodes though XD

• 1 month later...