~ Yuri's Gallery/Showcase ~

Xanodus

Yuri's Gallery

I have made about 2-3 showcases already, each displaying some of my work. The reason I created so many was because one thread was out-dated, etc.. Now I am creating more works lately, so I have decided to make this the last gallery, and keep on updating it when I create more. So any CnC is appreciated, and tips are welcome too. I want to improve greatly in my graphics so here goes. Also, please do not steal my signatures, they are my creations. However, feel free to PM me or VM me if you want to use one :)

MikuGallery.png

I was actually very happy with this one, I added text, and I think it looked okay, but then I decided that this sig looked better without it.

Eeveesiggy.png

This one is one I also created recently, and the one I am using now. I am happy with this one, but, as always, my text needs improvement.

Natural.png

Another recent one, and a good one (for my skills anyway) for now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff! Personally I like the first one the most, excellent lighting and a good render. The other two are also superb, its just that they look more plain in comparison. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more!

Wow these are amazing, my favourite was the third one it felt very calm and soft. I can't wait to see your next pieces of work =).

^ Thanks to both of you. I'm so glad that I am finally improving.

I just finished this one, I'm very happy wiht it too, I am going to use it as my sig and avatar :) I made this one out of an image and made the image a layer and added some effects and stuff.

This one is Katerina Petrova and Damon Salvatore (Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder) from The Vampire Diaries.

dgjo6e.png

The first and third ones of your first post, as so many have mentioned, are really quite lovely! Your newest one is also easy on the eyes--I don't think it's too dark, but with f.lux on my computer, I don't actually have any idea what colour anything is without turning it off (and that results in eye bleeding, so I don't generally do that).

Ahh the square style. Well, it's good that you've discovered it, but unfortunately in your latest tag, it's not being used as well as it could have. The key to using the square style effectively is making sure that it's there, but in a way that enhances the stock or render. It's one of the things that I use all the time actually. When it comes to the blending of it, it's usually best to go with screen, overlay, or another mode of layering that would compliment it. And it's always a good idea to to attempt different levels of opacity when using the square style.

• 3 weeks later...

Update! Whilst Kametsu was down, I have been working on some more:

Neru Signature V1: Not very happy with the text, but it looked too plain without it.

n4jcl2.png

Neru Signature V2: Very happy with the turnout of this one.

2mgvar6.png

Miku Siggy: I don't really like this one :S The text doesn't blend, the render is too sharp and pixelated... But I thought I might as well put it up.

xcu42p.png

Katniss Sig: I actually like this one a lot! Not the best, but I was in a hurry to make it so I think it turned out alright. Although, i still need to work on the blending of my text :)

vj9kn.png

Anything is appreciated :)

Nice work once again Yuri, I really like your Neru Siggy's and your right about the miku one, the text dosen't really blend with the signature, but regadless I love the sig! And as for the last signature, its not bad, its just it doesn't grab me like the other 2 did, but to each their own. I too suck at texts so don't feel really bad bout them, with practice i believe you will be able to overcome them.

Thanks, J-Lord! Well at least i knew where i had gone wrong and that is something I can fix up next time :)

I have also decided to start working on more than just signatures, so I have come up with these (Im adding more in the next few minutes):

105sgif.png

Thats great!! Reminds me of a nice Romantic Autum day. And I look foward to more of those in your next post! No need to rush, art/GFX takes time to make, some you can speed out others need time and care, well thats what I believe anyway.