Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII

how is ff13 is it a excellent game i was thinking to buy it or rent first and

what about ff14 online is there any new news about it yet.

We have an FF section for all FF games, so they should be posted there and not in the Genderal Gaming area. Also a topic for FF13 already exists in the FF section. So you should post there.

*threads merged*

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone own it and like it? how does it comepare to X, X-2, and XII? I got Star ocean when it came out because I could wait for FF and I hate it, the graphics are way to confusing, makes it hard to tell what is going on.

Please check for existing topics before making them.. xD I've had to merge topics 2x today for FF13 because everyone keeps making a new one rather than posting in the old one.

*merged.

idk i haven't played it my friend tells me its dull so ill go with your opinion of it being a button mash....What About FINal Fantasy Versus XIII anyone think it'll be any good? or is it already out and im behind?>>:confuse:

I'm looking forward to FFVXIII. From what I've heard, the battle system and stuff will be similar to Kingdom Hearts. So in a way it is said to be a Kingdom Hearts without Disney and thus the story line will be somewhat darker and stuff. I've been more interested in Versus, then I have the main XIII before XIII even was released in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII has been really good from what I've played so far. It has a really good story line behind it and the combat system is a lot better than the previous ones. Overall I am really pleased with it and can't wait to finish it :)

to me FFXIII was a mix of all it perdecessors. I can see bits of x and x-2 in there with how the Elandons(sp) are done, the music... was like FFVII - FFVIII. Over all to me it is a little disappointing.

I honestly was expecting... more... Having played all the FF games bar FFXII... I am more inclined to play my Assassins Creed then FFXIII

Final Fantasy xiii was the first FF game I've ever played (hangs head in shame), but I really liked it. I will admit they could have improved it a lot more, such as more open areas, and gone a little deeper with some of the characters, but it was a good game, and can't wait for VXiii to compe along

All I can say is, those who haven't finished the storymode at least, haven't got to the real fun yet (Gigantuar+Neochu+dual raktavija hunts=nightmarish)

Nightmarish doesn't come close to the sheer annoyanse of Neochu, especially if your trying to beat it to get the growth egg before finishing the story.

Though you missed one out, probably the worst of them all (mission based anyway), Vercigetorix. It took me almost 20 attempts to defeat that thing just for the useless gold watch (useless to me at that point as I'd 5 star'd all missions and Orphan)

Though on Gigantuar, the difficulty was made up for by one of the funniest cut-scenes in the game:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsVVNXDiHbQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsVVNXDiHbQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I always laugh at Sazh's "SWEET MERCY!" line

I got it for my birthday last month, I hardly played it since I was tryin to study for my final exams but so far I got up to chapter 5, need to run back and forth killing stuff though so I can get enough to upgrade weapons and beat the boss. <_<

But other than that I love the graphics.