Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 13 hours into the game and I like it so far, the game play is good after you get about ten hours into it and it starts to get complex,the battle system took some getting used to be I do like it. The story is very solid and have nothing bad really to say about it. I; like so many people, would like more exploration in the start of the game though.

People are talking about this being a short game. Well it depends on if you rush through and just do as little as possible for the storyline so you can finish the game, if so it looks like it would take as little as 40 hours, but not too many people are that fast even when trying to do that. Most people do some side quests and what-not and from what I hear that will take about 90 hours. But if you want to do every single thing in the game, I talked to a few people that have and they have said it will take about 250 hours give or take on you game play speed.

Because FF13 has been considered one of the shortest FF in history according to the majority of statements and reviews I've seen. But most of my friends have played pretty much every FF main series game.

I've only played 4, 7, 8, 9, 10-2, 12, and a couple hours of 5 and 6.

I will eventually play the first 3 games though. =P

The quickest I've ever beat an FF was FFX in 16 hours.

My cousin however beat FF9 in 13 hours, of course he did the thing to get the rare item you have to be the game in under 14 hours to get. To do so you have to skip a lot of stuff and skip all cut-scenes.. so it's only recommended if you have beat FF9 multiple times already and know your way around to keep from killing too much time.. and run from the majority of battles which also keeps your characters under-leveled making bosses a little tougher.

Me, personally, I haven't played FF13 yet, cause I don't have a 360 or PS3 yet either. All I got is my PS2 and my Wii at the moment. I'll eventually get this though and play it.

My sister has a 360 and a PS3 and she had pre-ordered FF13.. she hasn't beat it yet, but she hasn't played it much either. She is currently 9 hours into the game and according to some of my friends the point where she is at is about half way into the game.. so if she continues like she is.. she might have it beat in under 20 hours. And well honestly she is good at action games but not so good at strategic and RPG games.. I don't think she has ever beaten any FF except FFX and she used a gameshark to get through the final parts..so the mere fact that she is doing as well as she is with FF13 only goes to show how much simpler FF13 is compared to past FF's.

Oh I don't disagree one bit that the game is simple. You can pretty much just auto battle through the entire main storyline once you know the enemies weakness. It's not fun once you beat the story really. I mean the side missions are fun for a little while. But just get old. i much prefer FF XII then this.

Just letting yall know that Final Fantasy 14 Will be coming out. Don't know the exact date on its release. Will probably be next year or 2012. Found out from the Suare-Enix team thereself. Oh and here is the other releases they are working on as well-KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days and STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE INTERNATIONAL lil+will+00.png

Just letting yall know that Final Fantasy 14 Will be coming out. Don't know the exact date on its release. Will probably be next year or 2012. Found out from the Suare-Enix team thereself. Oh and here is the other releases they are working on as well-KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days and STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE INTERNATIONAL lil+will+00.png

358/2 days is out already I think.. and I know Star Ocean 4 International is already out.

Final Fantasy 14 however is taking Final Fantasy 11's place as the Final Fantasy MMORPG.

So unless you are into paying monthly to play an online RPG.. you won't be interested in FF14.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is more of a cinematic adventure following in the footsteps of the Xenosaga series. It was supposed to develop the story by you spending 15 minutes doing something in a linear path followed by a cinematic part for some time. It was meant to draw you into the graphics of the cinema.

Most games are heavily linear they just lie to you really well to make you think they are not. For instance in FF9 you can go on the world map and travel around and upgrade your choco. You really don't have free reign to go wherever you like till the 3rd disc where you can access the chocobo lagoon. Thats when you can then go almost anywhere you desire. People got really hung up on this game because they didn't shroud the follow the carrot in mystery. Theres not much of a difference between most games. This one just doesn't hide it. It also lacks an airship, and doesn't let you choco everywhere.

The extra content isn't all that hard and is just a large time sink. Getting all the weapons upgraded is time consuming and farm heavy. There's no amazingly hard dungeon or extra content of goofyness in this that makes me want to max everyone like I have done in most of the other games. FFX, FF9, FF7, etc.

the prob wid ff is if u dont play it prop and rush is no gut the art of the game is to do the monster hunt lets b honest u cant reall say u have done the game untill u have everythin 30 hrs???? to complete yeah story like i sed what about the hunts wep ect????

for me... FFXIII is nothing but crap... The game play was the worst in the series as far as I am concerned (even worse then FFVIII where you basically couldn't use magic because it was needed to make you stronger).

The only redeeming quality is the story... I went through this entire game JUST for the story. (it was the hardest thing I have ever done as far as a game goes, playing a game I didn't like all the way to the end just for the story)

Yeah, if you want a review that spells this game out nice and clearly go to the Zero Punctuation site and watch the video review for FF13. It pretty mutch describes this whole game within about 4 minutes. I personaly thought this was the worst FF game Ever! and it really takes alot for me to dislike a game.