Eureka Seven Discussion

Alegend1994

What did you think of Eureka Seven? (1-5)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Eureka Seven? (1-5)

• Amazing (5)
    • Good (4)
    • Neutral (3)
    • Bad (2)
    • Awful (1)

I recently finished Eureka Seven & Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers and found that there was no discussion thread on this anime so I've created this thread.

This thread is for anyone who wants to talk about the anime, film or manga. You can talk about the story, drawings, soundtrack, parts you liked or disliked, parts that lost you etc... basicly anything as long as it relates to the Eureka Seven series. (Put things in spoilers if what your gonna say will spoil the story line for others).

I'll start with I thought the anime was brilliant, the story, the romance, the detail of the the characters and LFO's. I loved the soundtracks for this, especially the opening and ending themes I always watched them with every episode. Although the ending of it confused me a bit, what was everyones thought on the final scene.

The film was pretty good but it didn't seem to be enough for me.

The idea that the gekko state crew were actually kids from warsawa but had been exposed to the seventh swell and now age at an incredible rate didn't seem to work with me. Neither did the fact the scubs had been replaced with an "evil" new life form the eizo.

Only into the second volume of the manga but so far I've found that the manga is funnier for me but I don't have that emotional connection that I had with the film and anime. still the drawing quality is amazing and I find it hard to stop reading it.

Eureka Seven was a pretty decent anime but when comparing it to the movie, the movie just screws everything up. I think the series would of been a lot better without the movie, but if you haven't watched the series yet and watched the movie first you might find it pretty decent. Last time I watched Eureka Seven it was over 6 months ago, so I don't quite remember the story but I know that it wasn't the best anime I ever saw.

Eureka Seven was a pretty decent anime but when comparing it to the movie, the movie just screws everything up. I think the series would of been a lot better without the movie, but if you haven't watched the series yet and watched the movie first you might find it pretty decent. Last time I watched Eureka Seven it was over 6 months ago, so I don't quite remember the story but I know that it wasn't the best anime I ever saw.

Yeah the movie was a lot worse than the series, story was kind of confusing and seemed wrong, the thing I did like about it was that Eureka actually seemed to have more emotions and was less of a sort of robot, if you know what I mean.

Loved the series, one of my top 15 anime I've seen. The movie in it's own rights was really good, but your right about the gekko crew and being kids and just some of the little things didn't quite work to the standard of the series. The manga took some getting into for me but by the end I loved it. I would say more but it'd spoil it^^ Actually one piece of the story of E7 that's not really mentioned is the video games that tie into it. The two main characters from the video games actually do a couple of key things that play an important part in the series, and they get their due when their shown at the beginning of one of the episodes towards the end of the series. I actually really liked their story and wish that had been made into an anime as well, though it was fun to play through the story.

Loved the series, one of my top 15 anime I've seen. The movie in it's own rights was really good, but your right about the gekko crew and being kids and just some of the little things didn't quite work to the standard of the series. The manga took some getting into for me but by the end I loved it. I would say more but it'd spoil it^^ Actually one piece of the story of E7 that's not really mentioned is the video games that tie into it. The two main characters from the video games actually do a couple of key things that play an important part in the series, and they get their due when their shown at the beginning of one of the episodes towards the end of the series. I actually really liked their story and wish that had been made into an anime as well, though it was fun to play through the story.

Yeah I forget that this series had games that went with it, actually I thought about getting them but I find it hard to play games that are for PS2 now a days and the third is for PSP which I can't be bothered to get a new one (especially since they are a waste of money to me now). It's too bad they probably won't release a new one on PS3.

EDIT

I just remembered way I didn't put in the video game it's because I thought I shouldn't cause this is the anime discussion section.

Yeah I forget that this series had games that went with it, actually I thought about getting them but I find it hard to play games that are for PS2 now a days and the third is for PSP which I can't be bothered to get a new one (especially since they are a waste of money to me now). It's too bad they probably won't release a new one on PS3.

EDIT

I just remembered way I didn't put in the video game it's because I thought I shouldn't cause this is the anime discussion section.

Well I don't know if the third video game has anything to do with the actual storyline of the E7 world (never played the third) as the first two video games did for the ps2. They tied into the anime. The two games are more story telling, then game, on that note... both took between 10 to 15 hours to finish and I'm not a fast video game player; it was more video watching then playing, lol.

As far as this being the anime/manga section, I think as long as we keep on topic of the E7 word it's fine, but if people wanted to get into detail of the actual games, that would be for the game section. But it related to the anime topic so....

Well I don't know if the third video game has anything to do with the actual storyline of the E7 world (never played the third) as the first two video games did for the ps2. They tied into the anime. The two games are more story telling, then game, on that note... both took between 10 to 15 hours to finish and I'm not a fast video game player; it was more video watching then playing, lol.

As far as this being the anime/manga section, I think as long as we keep on topic of the E7 word it's fine, but if people wanted to get into detail of the actual games, that would be for the game section. But it related to the anime topic so....

Yeah the movie takes place in an alternate reality were the gecko crew saw the ending events of the series and got peeved. I thought it was strange more than any thing else. Other wise I really liked the way they tried to portray a more realistic drama. They tryed that style again in Xam'd: Lost Memories. It was good but wasn't as good as Eureka.

Yeah the movie takes place in an alternate reality were the gecko crew saw the ending events of the series and got peeved. I thought it was strange more than any thing else. Other wise I really liked the way they tried to portray a more realistic drama. They tryed that style again in Xam'd: Lost Memories. It was good but wasn't as good as Eureka.

Yeah I know it took me a while to work out that the movie was in an alternate universe (AU) and that the AU gekko crew had travelled to the ending of the Eureka Seven TV series, the bit of the movie that was better than the TV show was Eureka's personality she seemed more open and she & Renton had a history together.

When Dominic died at the start I got a bit depressed because I liked seeing the bond between Dominic & Anemone grow throughout the series, but to have him die at the start depressing *sigh*

• 1 month later...

I personally enjoyed E7....despite it's many shortcomings it has a pretty original storyline and pretty epic artwork. Ntm the mecha designs are pretty damn epic. I will say though....renton is one of the most annoying characters ever, but that is to be expected from the producers...they often have similar characters on all of their series' for example, RahXephon's main character.

I personally enjoyed E7....despite it's many shortcomings it has a pretty original storyline and pretty epic artwork. Ntm the mecha designs are pretty damn epic. I will say though....renton is one of the most annoying characters ever, but that is to be expected from the producers...they often have similar characters on all of their series' for example, RahXephon's main character.

I forgot that I made this thankfully it was reawakened since I can now remember how much I loved E7 and I agree with you Renton was a bit annoying, he never really seemed to understand what was truly going on and acted to hastily and was too irrational with his decisions. All in all though it was a great anime and yeah the mecha designs are the best I've seen to date, I might re-watch this again although you never get the same feeling as you did when first watched the anime.

• 4 weeks later...