Once Upon a Time

shyguysteve

I didn't see this anywhere, delete if needed.

Wiki Page:Once Upon a Time is an American fairy tale drama television series that premiered on Sunday October 23, 2011, on ABC. New episodes air Sunday nights at 8:00 pm ET/7:00 pm CT.

On November 3, 2011, ABC ordered the back nine episodes for Once Upon a Time, bringing the first season to a total of 22 episodes.

Synopsis

In present day Boston, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) lives a lonely existence working as a bail bondsman and bounty hunter. On her 28th birthday, Emma is approached by a ten year old boy who identifies himself as her son, Henry, whom Emma had given up for adoption as a baby. Not wanting a relationship with him, Emma agrees to drive him back to his home in Storybrooke, Maine. Along the way, Henry shows her a large book of fairy tales, insisting that all of the stories in it are real. When they arrive in Storybrooke, Henry informs her that everyone in town is in reality a fairy tale character, exiled by the curse and with no memory of their real identities. This includes his therapist, who is really Jiminy Cricket, and his teacher Mary Margaret Blanchard, who is really Emma's mother Snow White. He claims that time is frozen in Storybrooke, and the people are unable to leave, but that the curse will be broken by Emma since she is the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. A skeptical Emma returns Henry to his adopted mother, the town's mayor who is really the Evil Queen. When Henry soon runs away again, Emma finds him and decides to stay in Storybrooke temporarily. This decision causes the hands of the town clock, previously frozen, to begin moving again. Emma finds out that due to the Evil Queen's curse, her father Prince Charming is in a coma and has no memory of who he is.

Henry conspires with Emma to have Mary Margaret read to John Doe of the hospital. When the John Doe wakes up in the hospital, he escapes and is eventually found by Emma, Henry, Mary Margaret and the sheriff. Upon the man's return, the mayor produces his wife, complicating the feelings that Mary Margaret has developed for him.

Its an ok show if you like the slow plot buildup. For those who are obsessive about fantasy and what should happen, this isnt the show for you. It breaks away from traditions of fairy tales to appeal to modern audiences, but altogether its a good watch. Story doesnt really go anywhere though...

I enjoy the characters RumpleStiltSkin he's awesome.

But the story itself surrounds what happened with the queen. It ties all the fairy tails stories into one sequence of adventure. I enjoy it a lot.

Of drama shows today once upon a time was rated as the highest drama series in 5 years with its pilot. and continues.

Edit: Its meant for families if not just adults. so if your someone who likes action or hard bloody drama this isn't the show for you.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just started this series last week, and I think it's really good. I think I just finished episode seven, but yeah, the plot does take a while to develop. I think it's at least partially because there are so many characters, and they have to go through the back-story for each one, then develop their real-world stories.

While OUAT isn't my absolute favorite show, it's enjoyable to watch, and I'll probably continue to watch it into the new season.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this show. It's probably my current favourite live action TV show. Although I'm only 4 episodes into Season 2, so far I think it's coming along nicely.

Rumpelstilskin is my favourite character in ALL of TV at the moment. He's just so eccentric and awesome.

And I have a total crush on Ruby/Little Red.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Season 3 Episode 11:

The curse is finally broken. Emma gets to stay because she's the "savior". The boy gets to stay because he was born there.

Everyone else has to go back to the Enchanted Forest; while Emma and the boy lose their memories of Storybrooke and everything that went with it.

What I don't understand and what seems like a big plothole is Neil. Why did he get sent back and why couldn't he stay? He was never part of the curse; he was in our world before the curse happened which was why Mr. Gold invented the curse in the first place to get to him. So I don't see how the curse being broken would send him back. Did they just goof up here, or is there something I'm not understanding?

Another question is: Did Emma forget about him existing completely, or simply forget about meeting up with him again and as such simply still pissed at him for abandoning her?

• 2 months later...