ReBoot

aadamscott

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty great for it's time. I believe it was the first full CG tv series in the States. It use to come on Toonami right before Dragon Ball Z did so I usually ended up watching it while waiting for Dragon Ball Z to come on. They recently released a complete box set for ReBoot with all 45 episodes for about $45. I'm undecided if I want to buy it because while I liked it enough to watch it back then I've currently been re-watching it and it doesn't really appeal to me as much anymore. Perhaps I've outgrown the childish humor with the corny computer re-words for stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think it still looks more advanced than a lot of modern CGI, especially when it comes to animating the models. A lot of modern 3D animation looks too... graceful, to put it simply. Natural movements are more erratic, clumsy, and rapid, much more like in ReBoot.

The series is more for kids, but that doesn't mean it's not good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to watch the show and really enjoyed when I was little (about 8-10 years old) and have rewatched it a few times since then... I did find this quote, but I wouldn't believe it till I saw it...

In a quarterly press release on March 11, 2011 Rainmaker CEO Warren Franklin announced "Our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series ReBoot"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...