Type: TV

Episodes: 22

Aired: Oct 14, 2011 to ?

Producers: Production I.G, FUNimation EntertainmentL

Genres: Action, Magic, Sci-Fi

Duration: 24 min. per episode

Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Synopsis:

The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.

Ah, the show that has absolutely no originality to it what-so-ever. Popularly coined around the worldwide web as 'Ghost in the Bubblegum Geass'. I guess if you're going to steal all the ideas from other shows you might as well take from the best right? Not saying all those are necessarily the 'best' of the anime world, but I'm sure we can agree they were at least above average and fairly popular shows.

I think the show is pretty awesome. Its not so bad with copying Code Geass as people are making it out to be I think (at least I don't see it...) I mean I see hints of it if I'm looking for that, but I tend not to think about it while watching the show anyway so I don't see why people are so hung up on it whether it is or not copying parts of another... if its good its good, if it's not it's not. The thing I actually like most is the music, that's freaking fantastic. The only thing that I think if they were going to copy something that would make the show better at this point is copy the personality of L (from Death Note) and make him the main character. That would be a really interesting watch.

epi 4 is really epic. It make me wanna chase it. However, a bit disappointed in epi 6. oo, one of the reason: their favor bgm didn't show up during the main fight in epi 6 lol.

lol, I really liked episode 6, I was worried the whole "pen" thing was going to be a thing, but that resolved it's self, though not in the most fluid way possible. Still though it's had at least a few really good parts in each episode and the cliché's haven't been too bad, but I did started to notice some a bit more in this episode.

• 3 weeks later...
its becoming harder and harder for originally, it's better to keep an open opinion and accept new interpretations of the same thing.

Not really; this season alone you have stuff like Chihayafuru, UN-GO, Penguindrum, Ben-To and High Score which try to actually innovate and provide (semi-)original experiences. Guilty Crown is constructed from the ground up to copy from every popular anime of the last few years in an attempt to be popular.

• 1 month later...

i love this show! i think it's fantastic! i mean, it's not my all time FAVORITE, but the art is gorgeous, the music is awesome, overall i'm enjoying it so far!! though i'll admit i haven't watched it all yet. but i like it! i wouldn't go so far as to say that it has "no originality," i mean, any anime out there is going to have another one that's some what similar. lots of anime have similar elements.