Hunter X Hunter 2011

lemmingllama

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really starting to hate the Chimera Ant arc in the anime. At least especially the last 5 episodes or so. Instead of just getting to the action they are narrating everything to us like we are 5 years old and can't comprehend it otherwise. It's just completely ruining everything that is actually happening and I hope they stop this idiocy soon.

Yeah, I don't blame you. I liked it when they did it for the first time, but after the second time it got annoying and held things back + 'dem slow-mos.

I didn't watch last week's ep, so I have two to watch in a row, hope it'll satisfy me :E

• 3 months later...

So maybe another company will dub it?

Because Viz owns Hunter x Hunter in the US, the only company that can dub it in the US is them, unles Viz Shounen Jump drops ownership of the series no one else can dub it, but if they do that, that means no more Hunter x Hunter manga in english, which they won't do since the manga sells well.

The only other chance of there being an english dub, is if it gets picked up by a company in the Philippines or Singapour which are both english speaking countries sort of, and the manga is not owned by Viz in those countries.

So maybe another company will dub it?

Only other company that picks up shounen is FUNimation and they don't have a very good track record when it comes to long running shows within the last ten years. FUNi dropped Case Closed, Toriko, and D.Gray-man. The fact that the first series failed to sell well also hampers things. No one is going to want to try and do a show that is likely not to sell. While HxH is an excellent show and really popular in Japan, it has never been that popular by American fans. It's always been rather under-the-radar so to speak.

Currently i watched only first 40 episodes and i can safely say that it's very cool anime.

The exams that everyone had to take to pass the first step ,on becoming hunters, were excellent

My favourite character is Gon and i admire Hisoka for some reason, i could say i'm a little afraid oh him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hunter Exam > Yorknew > Greed Island = Heaven's Arena > Chimera Ant > Zoldyck Family.

Greed Island and Heaven's Arena are pretty tied for me; but all in all Chimera Ant is one of my least favorite arcs of the series. Only just beating out that canon-yet-fillerish-feeling Zoldyck Family arc.

Apparently 136 will be considered part of Chimera Ant actually...

Then 137 starts the new Chairman Election arc which is pretty much guaranteed to be the end of the anime and likely to only last around 13 episodes or so.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not another D.Gray-man.

The issue with D.Gray-man was it sorta ended in the middle of a big arc that really got the series headed to where it was meant to be. The different with Hunter x Hunter is that at least if the series ended here it would be a pretty decent ending to it all. The goal was to eventually meet his father, he's done that. They've wrapped up most of the things that were meant to be done. There is still a lot more that can be done and there is another arc in the manga, but it's at least some kind of ending and they can always come back to it. The ratings are there, it may not be talked about a lot, but the people who did watch/read it are there and they buy it. So I can see a new anime in the future to continue it.

D.Gray-man on the other hand completely bombed in ratings; especially in the West where FUNimation deemed it not worth the cost of licensing the rest (on top of actual legal issues). D.Gray-man ended similarly to Inuyasha, and you see how that ended up (a rushed "Final Act" years down the road). Although Inuyasha had an actual following though.

• Like 1

The news about the anime was revealed a while ago and was pretty obvious anyway considering how close it is to the manga, i'm not surprised at Togashi either the guy hasn't been consistent with his manga releases for more than 10 years so i wasn't expecting him to do too many chapters when he came back a few months ago, the manga just hasn't had enough material released in the past decade otherwise it would have been finished a long time ago and the anime would have been complete but don't be surprised if madhous continue the series once there is enough material available again and as a manga reader of hunter the current arc is necessary imo as it explains and gives insight into some of the creatures and how the powers of these creatures in the universe even make sense so i'm hoping just like others it wont take too long for it to finish.