Hunter X Hunter 2011

lemmingllama

I don't like that they've removed some moments in the manga, like the quarrel between Gon and Killua when they got down in money after being tricked :ewhz: It's fun!

And I don't like how the 2011 anime portrays Killua's personalites. Don't know how to say but there's some slight change in the anime about Killua that really annoys me (Killua is my most favorite character)

Otherwise, the color is good, animation is good, the fast pace fits the manga style (not always, but most of the times).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To anyone wondering if they should watch this: Yes. Good animation, good stories that gradually get darker, fights that (so far) do not tend to involve pulling new skills out of ones butt.. It's a pretty good and entertaining combo.

Sure, there are slow parts- the tower arc can drag a bit for some people, but the arcs keep getting better, and that is a good thing.

Now, I'm up to episode 84- since I'm watching on crunchyroll I am one week behind because I don't have a subscription ;w;- and things are currently in buildup towards larger fights than the quick ones we've been seeing (though those quick ones were very neat)

I'm quite pleased that the villains get so much screentime- it makes up for not having foreshadowed them.

Penguin-ant is adoraaaaable I want to read books with him.

Ahem.

But yes, build up time, so there isn't a lot to talk about right now besides the fact that hxh is so good at building up suspense and the new cat-girl-ant is strangely adorable and disturbing at once o_O

Oh wait, I forgot.

Does probing the brain like they did with those antennae really work to get people to talk?

Also poor, poor Pokkle. I just sat there with a sick feeling in my stomach the entire time they were extracting info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i can't get into this because of the lack of development i'm stuck on episode 16, can anyone tell if this gets better later on

In the beginning they cut some filler out (character shaping) that the original had unfortunately, like you said there isn't much character development at the start and fights are a bit shorter in season 1... if you hang in there it will get better in a few episodes time

A good remake of the original although the censorship is a bit over the top. E.g. Hisoka cutting off people hands is a magic trick but no blood or gore. Also was disappointed when killua killed those two men on the exam blimp (it was badass in the manga) but in the new anime it was done from looking through a window :(. Apart from that the voices are great (still getting used to Hisoka's new voice) and the graphics and OP and ED are awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really starting to hate the Chimera Ant arc in the anime. At least especially the last 5 episodes or so. Instead of just getting to the action they are narrating everything to us like we are 5 years old and can't comprehend it otherwise. It's just completely ruining everything that is actually happening and I hope they stop this idiocy soon.

• Like 1