::Effort:: and Ideas to Jumpstart Forum Activity

Koby

I've came up with some ideas I'd like to propose to the Kametsu community as to how we can encourage thread creation and more importantly active posting throughout at least the main sections of the forum. I'd also like to hear any ideas everyone else can come up with that may benefit the community.

Seasonal Anime Series First Impressions

For starters, in the anime discussion board, I thought it'd be nice to create topics each season with first impressions of the various series airing that season. Anyone can do so, and if someone has beat you to it then you can put your first impression in the existing thread. Encourage others to share their thoughts on the series and discuss the weekly episodes from there on. Talk about what you liked or disliked in each particular episode such as the pacing, animation, story, progression, or anything that comes to mind. To keep these vast topics seen, we'll keep a sticky thread that lists the series by season and links to the topic of discussion.

Next up on the idea pool is a thread similar to the Anime Release Date thread except for Video Games. I know GameStop often has print-outs of up-coming games and such so it should be fairly simple getting started. A list of the consoles the game will be for, name of game, and at least the release date. The RSVP if applicable could be nice. This is more or less going to be a single person job for whoever is up for the task and then other members can post if something new is announced or whatever. As I said, pretty similar to the Anime release date thread.

Remember the most important thing is you can't just expect everyone to do everything for you. If there is a topic you want to discuss that doesn't exist then get over there and make it yourself. At the same time try to find and keep topics alive that interest you. Don't be lazy and say there isn't something for you to post about when you didn't even bother looking in the first place. =P

Also how many of you are actually interested in the roleplay section? It's pretty dead and all the attempts of revival have failed thus far. If you're interested in roleplaying then get over there and help the move to revive it. Try inviting fellow roleplayers from other communities as the more roleplayers the higher the chance of it being active.

I'll post some more of my ideas in a bit, wanted to get this posted for now.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These all look great, but why limit the discussion threads to upcoming series? We have a vast anime list, so why not create threads for as many series as we can? And also why limit to anime, for we could easily do the same for video game discussions. I would reccomend that you assign people to spearhead each of the movements and we can get some of these up and running asap

These all look great, but why limit the discussion threads to upcoming series? We have a vast anime list, so why not create threads for as many series as we can? And also why limit to anime, for we could easily do the same for video game discussions. I would reccomend that you assign people to spearhead each of the movements and we can get some of these up and running asap

I don't recall ever saying I was limiting anything. I only mentioned the upcoming series and such because fresh content sparks more discussion than something a decade old that has been over-discussed for example thus the focus would be on the new. As always thread creation will always remain open to every single registered user and they can make topics for anything they like. These ideas do not set any limits on anything.

Sure, these same ideas can be used in other sections of the site as well. I just didn't feel like copy/pasting the same thing under a different title for each individual section and seeing how this is mainly an anime forum that was the section I focused on talking about. If people want to do the same for the gaming or entertainment sections then feel free to do so.

As for assigning people, well that kind of relies on whether or not we have anyone willing and able to do so actively. Hence another reason for the topic in the Broadcast Station is to find the people willing to do the job at hand.

Seasonal Anime Series First Impressions

For starters, in the anime discussion board, I thought it'd be nice to create topics each season with first impressions of the various series airing that season. Anyone can do so, and if someone has beat you to it then you can put your first impression in the existing thread. Encourage others to share their thoughts on the series and discuss the weekly episodes from there on. Talk about what you liked or disliked in each particular episode such as the pacing, animation, story, progression, or anything that comes to mind. To keep these vast topics seen, we'll keep a sticky thread that lists the series by season and links to the topic of discussion.

Yeah this is a pretty sweet idea, I was thinking of starting one of where I ask what people think of Fairy Tail (Dub) so far of it and Zexal too. And the whole season thing should help clear up the clatter that is happening in the anime discussion thread.

If you need help like Lemming I don't mind helping out. After all this is the best anime community I've seen thus far.

One last thing it seems that we haven't been having many competitions as of late maybe introducing a few new ones that appeal to a wider audience, cause if you look at the SOTW/BOTW only so many people can enter those competitions.

Maybe you should make a section to put all of our contests in.. Like Writing Contests, Drawing, AMV's ect. I think maybe some contest's don't get entry's because maybe nobody sees them. There's also the problem of rewards.. Sure we got Gil but after you get so much it's useless. I don't mind joining contests for fun but I know some people just want rewards. Iunno I really want to do all this contest stuff but they die off.

Edit: Also I'm really not an rp person

well i have made a poem/story of the month, got some people interested in it thankfully ^.^

Just wanted to say I am putting the finishing touches on my story, just want to make sure I actually like the stuff I am producing. I wouldn't expect this one to be instantaneous, as people need time to write quality content. I will try and post more in the anime section as well since it is the backbone interest of newcomers. I like the idea of making a chat of some type for writers/creative content user collaborations, if anyone is interested that is.

Just wanted to say I am putting the finishing touches on my story, just want to make sure I actually like the stuff I am producing. I wouldn't expect this one to be instantaneous, as people need time to write quality content. I will try and post more in the anime section as well since it is the backbone interest of newcomers. I like the idea of making a chat of some type for writers/creative content user collaborations, if anyone is interested that is.

there is a writers social group if you would like an invite, I will add you to it. I would not mind bouncing my idea off another writer and getting proper feed back on my stories ^.^

hm...interesting

I've been trying to revive the rp section for a while, and now that the lit section seems healthy again I'll set my sights on the rp again. I have around 4 or 5 ideas for rps with a broad spectrum of genres...so we'll see if i post them or not. I might suggest folks post what type of rps they actually want, cause if folks only want anime/game spin off rps then i aint obliging....:P

hm...interesting

I've been trying to revive the rp section for a while, and now that the lit section seems healthy again I'll set my sights on the rp again. I have around 4 or 5 ideas for rps with a broad spectrum of genres...so we'll see if i post them or not. I might suggest folks post what type of rps they actually want, cause if folks only want anime/game spin off rps then i aint obliging....:P

Yay, my hero! Glad to see you're back. I really liked your bloody feathers idea, hoping you will consider picking that story up again soon? I am in complete agreement in regards to the spin off crap.

-------------------

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=28347

Hey Koby, just wanted to know what you thought of reply #5 on this post, because I think it would be hard to organize all under one thread.