Do you watch OP & ED?

Katongo

• 2 weeks later...

I watch for a couple episodes usually to see how they are. If they're catchy enough (like the R+V Capu2 OP) or if they tend to change/be funny (like Sekirei ED, Minato flying with a different character, then dreaming about them hugging him), then I may watch more often. Beyond that I hit skip and get to the story.

Once i start a new anime or currently watching one i prefer not to watch the opening or ending theme songs because they reveal too much than the should and end up spoiling the fun ahead. I only watch them after i complete the anime that am watching.

If you haven't already watched it, the opening to Gun X Sword gives absolutely nothing away because it silhouette's the characters that haven't appeared in the series yet. It shows them in the opening only after the episodes you see them appear in.

If they're good, if they add something to the experience of watching the show, and if they somehow reflect the content in the show, all things that anime OPs and EDs tend not to do. I always watch the ones in Higurashi, Serial Experiments Lain, and Ga-Rei Zero. Excellent ones pop up here and there thankfully.

Once i start a new anime or currently watching one i prefer not to watch the opening or ending theme songs because they reveal too much than the should and end up spoiling the fun ahead. I only watch them after i complete the anime that am watching.

Ergo Proxy did exactly that with the first ep. It cut out the OP and I think the ED, but can't remember offhand. It was actually a really nice pace for starting an anime.

A forewarning, this was the thread i was answering when the site crashed. If it happens again after this post i dont bear any responsibility for it. < <

On the topic, that depends whether the opening was before the intro part or after. If it is after then i usually feel a drag to get up again to skip it so i end up watching it (why do you think i have so many fav openings lol). In all, i rarely skip opening, only for those shows with large number of episodes and where opening doesnt change at all. Shockingly, i sometimes grow bored of them in such cases. ^.^

I pretty much always watch the OP unless I absolutely can't stand the song. With a few exceptions, I've never had anything spoiled. I feel like they get me in the mindset for the show/get me pumped for what's coming up, even if I've already watch dozens of episodes in a row that day... I only ever really watch the ED on the last episode of a series, partly just to get some closure, and partly because shows tend to do special things during/after the last episode's ED.

• 3 weeks later...