Black Lagoon - Anime Discussion

Koby

The August issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday GX magazine confirmed that the third Black Lagoon anime project will be an original video anime (OVA) project in 2010. Director Sunao Katabuchi will return from the first two Black Lagoon anime projects, along with character designer Masanori Shino and the Madhouse anime studio. Megumi Toyoguchi will reprise her role as the female pirate Revy. The story revolves around a typical Japanese businessman who gets caught up in the escapades of modern-day pirate mercenaries off the Asian shores.

Viz Media will publish the seventh volume of Rei Hiroe's original adventure manga next month. Geneon Entertainment released part of the Black Lagoon anime in North America, but Funimation has since agreed to take over distribution of the anime. Funimation reissued the first anime series and started the DVD release of the Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage series last August.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source: http://www.animenation.net/blog/2010/03/18/black-lagoon-third-series-scheduled/

Japanese publisher Shogakukan has announced that the 5 episode BLACK LAGOON: Roberta’s Blood Trail OVA series will premiere on DVD & Blu-ray July 17th.

It should cover Chapters 44-76, a.k.a. El Baile de la Muerte Parts 1-33.

Now we just need to wait for FUNimation to license it and english dub it using the Geneon Voice Actors from Seasons 1 & 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I was just curious about some Black Lagoon information. I just watched the series dubbed and it was a surprisingly good series. Reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop which is a great show too! I was just wondering how the Roberta: Blood Trails worked exactly? I see that you guys have them as a currently ongoing series. However according to MAL they have stopped airing back in May of 2010. Are there really only 5 episodes to that part of the series? Thanks for any and all info :)

I was just curious about some Black Lagoon information. I just watched the series dubbed and it was a surprisingly good series. Reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop which is a great show too! I was just wondering how the Roberta: Blood Trails worked exactly? I see that you guys have them as a currently ongoing series. However according to MAL they have stopped airing back in May of 2010. Are there really only 5 episodes to that part of the series? Thanks for any and all info :)

Well I can say if MAL says it's finished airing they are wrong. Only 3 of the 5 have been released so far. I haven't watched it yet but I can tell you Roberta's Blood Trails is exactly what it sounds like. More or less a 5 episode OVA side-story about Roberta.

Roberta's Blood Trail is essentially an OVA sequel to the series, which had two seasons. It takes place after the series, and is basically a third season to the series, but since it's an OVA it wouldn't surprise me if someone said that the series had stopped airing, because as I understand it OVAs don't air on TV the way a regular series would.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...