Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Bokurano - 8/10

-----------------------------------

During a summer camp, 15 children, 8 males and 7 females, find a grotto by the sea. Deep within they discover working computers and some electronic equipment, and later the owner, a man called Kokopelli. Kokopelli claimed to be a programmer working on a brand new game, in which a large robot has to defend the Earth against fifteen alien invasions. He persuades the children to test the game and sign a contract. All but one of them signs, barely a moment later they mysteriously awaken on the shore believing what happened was just a dream.
More Information: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1690/Bokurano

-------------------------------------------

It was actually really well done, main characters dying nearly every episode which is something you don't see happen much, and yet it really wasn't dark or horror series either. It has never been dubbed, which I felt it was good enough to have warranted a license. So if you actually watch subbed Anime, I'd recommend you watch it.

Hm, I've already forgotten what anime I watched to the very end. Recently I've been watching one episode here, another there... I watched all 14 episodes of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but since there are another 14 in addition, I cant say i finished it. The other 14 aren't dubbed, and they hardly will ever be, and I really liked the way original series was dubbed.

And the first part of naruto I left unwatched, cause there were more than 100 filler episodes which i hate! So I jumped to Shipuden.

So the last anime I watched to the very end for sure was FLCL or Furi Kuri. What can I say about it? The series are rather complicated, with a lot of concealed sense in them. I cant even recommend it because of that. Though there are only 6 episodes, so watching them shouldnt be a great problem. After all I can say I like it. If anyone else does, go ahead, make a thread, and we'll discuss it there.

Oh, I almost forgot, FLCL is made by Gainax, it's the studio which made Evangelion before, and Gurren Laggan after, and the style is preetty similar to Gurren Laggan.

I've been rewatching all the Dragonball Z episodes. I'm currently on 221. I give it a 10/10 (I'm sure everyone knows the plot of dbz :P)

I recently Finished rewatching Air and .hack sign, liminality, and legend of the twilight bracelet (still watching roots). Air gets a 10... dot hack gets a 9 or a 10.

One of the more recent ones that I've watched is shuffle. I'm not sure what to rate it, but I'll most likely rewatch it when I have the time.

I've recently finished up a few animes; me and my hubby like to watch the dubs so our eyes don't bleed. :P So we're working on Bleach and Inu Yasha too, only they aren't completely dubbed so we had to stop.

Code Geass & R2 (10/10 totally awesome! I know they're technically two different ones but they're getting lumped today!)

Darker Than Black (Although I hated the second part tot he series with the little girl with the gun, the first season was rawkin lol 9/10)

Chobits (7.5/10 I liked it a lot, but it's not my usual type of anime)

Escaflowne (9/10 How can you not love giant robots?)

Elfen Lied (8/10 A little more blood than I'm used to, but I've been developing a fascination with these alien/robot/android animes)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (7/10 I would have rated it higher had the ending not totally blown imo)

Yes I know, seems like a lot to have finished recently but lets just say I've had a lot of free time on my hands recently. I've got Fullmetal Alchemist downloaded but I'm waiting to watch it with my man, watching DearS now (from here!) and have to watch Gurren Lagann (I may have failed on spelling) everyone I talk to says it's pretty damn good.

I've recently finished up a few animes; me and my hubby like to watch the dubs so our eyes don't bleed. :P So we're working on Bleach and Inu Yasha too, only they aren't completely dubbed so we had to stop.

Code Geass & R2 (10/10 totally awesome! I know they're technically two different ones but they're getting lumped today!)

Darker Than Black (Although I hated the second part tot he series with the little girl with the gun, the first season was rawkin lol 9/10)

Chobits (7.5/10 I liked it a lot, but it's not my usual type of anime)

Escaflowne (9/10 How can you not love giant robots?)

Elfen Lied (8/10 A little more blood than I'm used to, but I've been developing a fascination with these alien/robot/android animes)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (7/10 I would have rated it higher had the ending not totally blown imo)

Yes I know, seems like a lot to have finished recently but lets just say I've had a lot of free time on my hands recently. I've got Fullmetal Alchemist downloaded but I'm waiting to watch it with my man, watching DearS now (from here!) and have to watch Gurren Lagann (I may have failed on spelling) everyone I talk to says it's pretty damn good.

Lucky guy you got there to find someone who shares his interest then. LOL.. all my friends and ppl I meet in real life.. none of them like or understand Anime.. and they just tease me and say it's for kids. >_< It ain't gonna stop me from liking it though. xD

I feel that I haven't got to see any anime lately other than I just finished shakugan no shana (I thought it was pretty good) and a series called elemental gelade which I also thought was pretty good also. But recently I started had guard which I think is different but it I like it...

Lucky guy you got there to find someone who shares his interest then. LOL.. all my friends and ppl I meet in real life.. none of them like or understand Anime.. and they just tease me and say it's for kids. >_< It ain't gonna stop me from liking it though. xD

LOL yes I certainly was lucky. I never really got into it until I was highschool, so 1999. Over a decade....oh man I feel old now. :P I met a girl at my bus stop who was into it, she was really good at the artwork side of things, and I was more into writing. So anyway, she introduced me to Gundam Wing and that was it. :) Most of my friends got over it, but never really got INTO it. Was never teased for it though lol.

I really just came here to update :P I finished DearS yesterday - I give it an 8 or 9 out of 10. I liked the series although the ending could have been a little less corny. :) But I'll get over it, I've seen worse endings out there!

Death Note- 10 it was one of the best anime i've ever watched i was a bit sad at the end.

I just finished watching Inuyasha The Final Act, i have to say it was great it had a good plot and it would be awesome if they continue i think they could there many things to go on with.

I think that's it well that i remember but i think there's more

though i didnt finish watching alot of other anime.

Kanokon ~Manatsu no Dai Shanikusai~ - 6/10

Not much of a plot, just an extra OVA series that was released on TV.

Well this actually had some story, but there isn't much I can exactly say about it. First episode is about it being hot during the summer so everyone goes around either taking their clothes off or just not having any on to start with. The loli eats a watermelon, without cutting it, and the twins search high and low for food.. as the wolf continues to try and seduce Kouta.

Kanokon ~Manatsu no Dai Shanikusai~ Specials - 5/10

Not much of a plot, just extra DVD/BD specials featuring more excessive fan-service than the OVA.

No one subbed them, but there wasn't much talking anyways so it's pretty much fine to watch RAW like I did, even if you don't understand Japanese. Although I pretty much understood what was being said. More or less just short 3 minute fanservice specials.

One Piece: Taose! Kaizoku Ganzack - 8/10

While Luffy and his crew of Zoro and Nami are starving on their small boat, they are attacked by a large monster. Nami is taken away, while Luffy and Zoro wash up on shore. There they meet a young girl, Medaka, and learn of the sad history of the island. The evil Pirate Ganzack has taken away all the men in the village and enslaved them, including Medaka's father. Now Luffy, Zoro, and Medaka must infiltrate Ganzack's base in order to rescue the villagers and Nami.

Believe it or not, but this prequel OVA was released before the TV series. I also actually really, really, enjoyed this one. You should definitely check it out if it like One Piece.. maybe even if you don't even watch One Piece itself, you might still enjoy this one-shot OVA.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Battle City Special - 7/10

A special episode of 'Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters' aired in between episodes 88 and 89. Mainly narrated by Anzu, the special recaps the major events of the Battle City tournament, beginning from the Pharaoh's meeting with Ishizu, and retelling several important duels including Yugi and Seto's tag duel, and Yugi's duels against Jonouchi and Bakura, up to Jonouchi's battle with Rishid on the Battle Ship. The special ends with Anzu wishing the series a happy new year.

Wow, a recap I didn't even know existed till about 2 weeks ago. Seeing as long as it's been since I've seen Yugi in action, I quite enjoyed this after the mess we've been getting that is called 5D's. If you need a refresher of the Battle City duels, you should watch this, other wise there is no point in doing so. Also this leaves you hanging on the Joey vs.. whats his name? The guy who obeys Malik (Marik)?

Yu Yu Hakusho: Eizou Hakusho - 06/10

These are two recap specials that focus on Team Urameshi's matches in the Dark Tournament, with a few character songs playing in the background.

There are also two shorts at the end of each episode, both of which are about 1:20 long.

Well they call it 2 episodes, but really there are 8 mini-scenes, 4 dream sequences, the two shorts mentioned, and then the character songs. It was quite enjoyable actually, although the only place you can find these subbed is on youtube in low quality and in some scenes the subs are almost unreadable.. :/

Gurren Lagann Gekijouban Zenyasai Special - Viral's Sweet Dream - 7/10

Viral tries to get some sleep, but keeps on having terrifying nightmares. Can't anyone save him from his plight?

This was quite funny. There are two versions of this though and I suggest you watch both. One is the normal one with the pictures and the audio.. and then there is one with the same but it also shows the voice actors actually voicing the characters as well, which is called the "live" version. I think it makes it even more funnier then the regular one. Great short special, and if you love Gurren Lagann you should give this a watch.