Death Note's L Spinoff Film in U.S. Theaters in April

Koby

Viz Pictures, the film affiliate of the North American publisher Viz Media, has announced that it will screen the live-action Death Note: L, change the WorLd film in American theaters through National CineMedia's NCM Fathom system on April 29 and 30. Suspense and horror veteran Hideo Nakata (Ringu, The Ring 2) directed this spinoff story, which was inspired by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note manga and two subsequent films adaptations. The April 29 showing will be English-subtitled, while the April 30 showing with be English-dubbed.

Award-winning actor Ken'ichi Matsuyama (NANA, Detroit Metal City) reprises his role of the genius detective "L" in 23 crucial days of his life. In this psychological crime drama, L races against a literal biological clock to stop a bio-terrorist group from unleasing a pandemic virus on humanity. Alessandro Juliani, the English-language voice of L in the anime version of Death Note, plays the character in this movie's English-dubbed version.

Subscribers of the email newsletter for Viz Media's Shonen Jump magazine can order advance tickets starting on March 20. The general public can purchase tickets starting on March 23. The screenings will use NCM Fathom's high-definition digital presentation system, which was also used for Viz Media's earlier Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note movie screenings.

I have 2 Questions.

1.) This will be english dubbed right?

2.) Will I have to watch the first 2 LA movies before I can watch this?

Re-read original post. =P

Just like the other two Death Note Live Action movies, they used the English Dub Anime Voice Actors to dub this one.

So yes, there is English Dub, but unfortunately due to it originally being dubbed in Japanese the English Dub will be off-sync with the peoples mouths moving.

Re-read original post. =P

Just like the other two Death Note Live Action movies, they used the English Dub Anime Voice Actors to dub this one.

So yes, there is English Dub, but unfortunately due to it originally being dubbed in Japanese the English Dub will be off-sync with the peoples mouths moving.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my second question =/.

Nope.. well not really. L: Change the World has nothing to do with the anime series. It's about the next case L tries to solve after Light was defeated. L only has 23 days left, as he wrote his own death in the Death Note for the max amount of time he could, before Light wrote it. So as long as you understand that much you should be fine watching only this one.

But I would recommend watching the first 2 anyways.. there are some key differences from the anime.

Nope.. well not really. L: Change the World has nothing to do with the anime series. It's about the next case L tries to solve after Light was defeated. L only has 23 days left, as he wrote his own death in the Death Note for the max amount of time he could, before Light wrote it. So as long as you understand that much you should be fine watching only this one.

But I would recommend watching the first 2 anyways.. there are some key differences from the anime.

Um, actually, I thought that the 3 movies were 100% connected, like 2nd & 3rd are sequels.

i seen the 1st movie, gotta watch the 2nd and i cnt wait to see the 3rd 1 lolz gonna be pretty good i expect

I really liked the 3rd one, mainly because it was something new and not just another version retelling the anime's story. The 3rd movie doesn't even have Death Notes in it.. lol.. well except for the flash backs to the first two movies.

sounds good either way lolz plus i quite like L he's like mysterious cool don't u think so? Plus i love the way he seems to think in the anime and how they showed his character in the movie so it should be good ^^

L Lawliet is one of my all-time favorite anime characters.

Um, at the end of the anime when Light died.. it showed a glimpse of L standing over him. L was actually not dead. He wrote his name and for the max amount of time able before Light did. So he faked his death and watched as Mello and Near defeated Light as a team.

Or maybe I'm wrong.. because I think there was more than a 24 day gap between L dying and Light being defeated..? But anyhow.. he was shown standing over Light.. so it might just be Light thinking about L.. I dunno...

Meh.. Go watch the movies.. =P