How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

I started playing when I was wither5 or 6 with my neighbor. I think he got me into it. Then I stopped playing when I moved away...

:( Sad day..

Anyway, lol, then I got back into it in 7th grade because of oe of my friends, and I've liked it ever since. I love FFVII the most though, lol, my favorite.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm...well, I think when I was like...four(?), my cousin and I started playing the demo for FFVIII, but we didn't take much interest to it at first (we didn't get the game, didn't notice that it was the eighth game in the series, etc.), but we did like the summon. (Skittles!) Years later, the same cousin and I played Kingdom Hearts, which introduced me to FINAL FANTASY.

• 1 month later...

When I was 10 or 11 I wanted to rent a videogame for my PSone. I saw FFVIII and FFIX and I thought the covers were mysterious, I'd seen them before but I thought they were like creepy games..

When I got home I tried to play it, but I didn't get very far as I didn't know English very well back then.

The next week I borrowed FFIX and that game totally hooked me. I rented the game twice or three times in a row before I thought of buying the game.

That's how I got into Final Fantasy :)

• 1 month later...

My brother first owned ff 9, and once I finally got my own playstation, i borrowed it from him (and after a while he let me keep it - he's not really into ff). I already liked rpgs since I had played Super Mario RPG before, but ff 9 was in a league of it's own! It's the ff to blame for getting me hooked on the series. :)

It was late 2002, early 2003 and I vowed that I'd never get a sony console as I am a die hard nintendo fan and have every console that NES has put out just because of Zelda games. Already into RPG games.. I got married and my ex-husband had a PS2 and some FF games already and he introduced me into FFVII and well I ended up taking over his game, lol. It didn't bother him as it was his third time playing the game. He then went and bought me FFX and said for me to try it and I did and I fell in love with the entire series since. When he and I divorced, he gave me FFTactics, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and of course FFX and all the guides because he knew I loved them more than him (which was nice of him) and that's how I started off with the series as well as getting into the playstation games.

Now my fiance and I have been merging our homes together and we found out that we have pretty much the entire FF collection (both US version and international version) and some doubles of the games.

My Uncle and my Half Brother grew up together. My Uncle was always into games and my bro was always hanging out with him so they played these games together. I always wanted to play the games, because I felt like I was being left out. (My half brother Stephen is five years older than me, and my Uncle Michael is maybe three years older than him, so that's five and eight year difference. lol.) So I guess I was the annoying kid that always wanted to play games. They played Mario and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games on nintendos when I was really little and they never let me play with them. (-sob- sad huh?)

Anyways, we moved away and then after about ten years moved back so my uncle and bro started hanging out again. Michael would bring his Play Station over and spend the night with Stephen. By that time I was probably 15 and Stephen was 20. I could hear this weird music that night and went into the room to see what the hell it was. lol. Then I saw this awesome looking demon beast thing and I was blown away by how cool it looked, the game was sooo cool compaired to the things I'd played. So I watched them some more and as it turns out, it was Ifrit from FFVIII. I stood behind them and watched them play it, I didn't bother them by talking and suddenly Stephen turns around and says. "Hey bro, wanna play?" I thought, SWEET! So they started a new file for me, and I fell head over heels in love with FFVIII that night. Now I love Final Fantasy series more than the two of them. lol. Stupid and corny but hey, it's my story.

• 1 month later...

When we were younger, we always had someone we looked up too. Mine was my step-brother who was like 8 years older than me. He used to play this wierd game.. (Final Fantasy VII) and I would watch. I thought it was the most fanastic thing ever. I was so addicted to just watching him play. The Final Fantasy series took gaming to the next level. I finally tried it one day, and I've been hooked ever since.

I remember making my Grandma buy me FFVII and FFVIII right away.

Along with Final Fantasy IX.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a few friends at school who played Final Fantasy, and having got a PS1 not too long ago, it looked like something I would want to try out. Needless to say, I went and rented Final Fantasy VIII and got to Linblum where I got stuck at a simple place of no great importance... or maybe it was the Forbidden forest where I got stuck... not sure... but I beat it several times since then.

uhmm well lets see....

i got a play station 2 for xmas wen it first came out and my mom bought me kingdom hearts and final fantasy and tombraider to go with it

anyway i played tr first and then ffx fell in lvoe with the story got hooked on the stories

have yet to beat the games though >.<

except for kingdom hearts

well it started with me playing an FF7 demo that came with my PS1 WAAAYYYY back when and then me lovin' it despite the fact it was only the first like half hour. Then I watched my friend play FFX and eventually got FFX once I bought his ps2 from him (he couldn't fix it, so he sold it to me for 75 bucks and i fixed it in 5 seconds.../win) Then my friend got a gamecube and I forced him to buy FFCC and we LOVED that game to hell. and I loved the game. I've been trying to find copies of other FF's to play that I like and won't cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm probably gonna play FF9 that my roommate has if I can pull myself away from WoW and Work and stuff long enough to

FF tactics advanced and FF crystal Chronicles still probably my favorites...can't wait for DS FFTA...was supposed to be a new FFC, but wtfever

well it started with me playing an FF7 demo that came with my PS1 WAAAYYYY back when and then me lovin' it despite the fact it was only the first like half hour. Then I watched my friend play FFX and eventually got FFX once I bought his ps2 from him (he couldn't fix it, so he sold it to me for 75 bucks and i fixed it in 5 seconds.../win) Then my friend got a gamecube and I forced him to buy FFCC and we LOVED that game to hell. and I loved the game. I've been trying to find copies of other FF's to play that I like and won't cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm probably gonna play FF9 that my roommate has if I can pull myself away from WoW and Work and stuff long enough to

FF tactics advanced and FF crystal Chronicles still probably my favorites...can't wait for DS FFTA...was supposed to be a new FFC, but wtfever

surviving evidence of the dangers of wow

I NEEDZ MAI WORLD OF WARCRACK!!!

after playing the game two years...t's really the only game that I've come across (MMO or otherwise) where you can consistently play it like...FOREVER and still find it fun...obviously everyone eventually quits, but I have a lot of friends in the game and I love raiding and PvPing and all that stuff...it's fun to take out like 4 other kids by myself and just go..."teehee..pwnt"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

When I was 13 my mother married my step dad and he had a ps1. Well I started buying a bunch of PSX games. I bought FF7 Metal Gear Solid, and Time Crisis the first one, even had the gun attachment...I got into ff7 cuz the case looked cool xD, no one had ever told me about it. Lucky I found it though cuz now me and a friend are working on a very long fanfiction :D