How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

Well I'd bought a PS2 and Grand Turismo 3, and been playing that game for about a week. Then after mowing some yards for some neighbor's I had some more money and decided I need a new game. I went to the local game store which was in our mall because GameStop wasn't here yet. It was called Special FX, and well I saw Final Fantasy X, and asked one of the people if it was any good, and they said that I'd probally like it. Well I didn't even know what an RPG was or that even the game was an RPG. I took it home played it a little bit, and I died on the Sinspawn thing (the first boss). I quit playing it, and later we ended up going to my cousins that we only visited like once a year because they live like 3 and a half hours away. They had Final Fantasy VII, and was telling me about the series. So when I got back home I tried FFX again and this time beat the boss and kept going till I fell in love with the game. LOL I then went to try to buy FF7 but they didn't have it. I found FFVIII instead though and got it.

Thats how I got into the series.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a playstation for my birthday when Playstation first came out. it came with a demo disc that had 15 or so games on it and it had the demo of FF7. i was pretty small when FF7 came out so i didnt understand it really, i was just clicking. but i remembered i really liked it. exspcially that famous picture of cloud standing infront of that building. well 6 years later my mom's friend came over to hawaii to visit us and she decided to buy me a game, so i remember FF7 but they didnt have it so i got 8. i played that and i loved it. then i bought ff7 a couple years later. then i got X. and in between then i got Tactics Advance. so yea thats how i got started.

Fun fact: right after my moms friend bought me that game, we were sittin in the car outside the library and she had her arm on the outside part of the window seal u know, how the window will be rolled down and u rest ur arm on the part where the window can come back up. anyway, we were sitting there and my moms friend (shes fat) isnt saying anything cause we are waiting on my mom to come out of the library. then all i hear is this weird gushy splat noise. then shes like "aw no way, no way" and i look up and she has bird crap all over her fat arm. omg i laughed so hard at that hahahahahaha omfg she wiped it off but it was just so random!!!! we are sitting there and then all of a sudden s**t happens lmao!!!!!!! i bet if i had laughed that hard before she bought the game for me, she wouldent have bought it., :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest Alchemist

I was already into games, so I decided to just get FFVII, 'cause it looked like an interesting game. The game was great and it got me interested in the FF series even more. Eventually I just began to love FF.

Well when I was in 6th grade, some friends of mine had been playing it and I wanted to see what it was like. I just got FF9 from a Blockbusters and got to evil forest where I got stuck. I was horrible at the game. Well I then bought FF7 and played through it, and got FF8 and skipped to FF10 and ff10-2 next. I finally got FF9 again. I guess I was just lucky I had friends interested in it before I moved and all.

It all started in the end of my summer holidays in 1999 and was Final Fantasy 8. One day I rented FF8 out buy mistake and had no clue how to play it and I loved it. So if I didn’t rent FF8 out that day then I would have not known what an RPG’s is.

Till the end of disk 2, I rented this game out like mad, £3.50 for 3 nights and only decided to buy it when I reached disk 2. I think that I could have bought 2 copies of FF8 and at that time I only used to play on the weekends. So that how got into Final Fantasy.

I got into Final Fantasy when my parents brought me Final Fantasy VII for christmas... When I played I didn't even know what the hell I was doing but after a while I pretty much got good!

lol I don't even know why my parents picked out that game but I'm glad they did, maybe me and Final Fantasy were meant to be lol...

first I just watched my brother play VIII, seven years ago, I was 7 years old

I just watched and watched, and loved it though I didn't understand any English, and then finally came the day when I played it myself, though I still didn't know any English at that age but a game magazine had had a walkthrough of the game in Finnish, so I was able to read it and play

and then when I knew English, it was even more lovable

from that moment i have loved the series

I'd just gotten a PS2 for Christmas, and we had two really crappy games for it. Then I went over to a friend's house for a birthday party, and I got bored of all their crazy stuff so I found her little brother playing Kingdom Hearts in another room. He was still on Destiny Island, and was trying to beat Selphie and losing horribly. So I sat down and did it on my first try. This was really good for me, because I pretty much sucked back then. Anyway, I loved this game so much that I begged my mom to get it for me the next weekend. After playing a few hours into it, I learned that a few characters were from a series called 'Final Fantasy.' The next time we went to Wal-Mart, I found FFX. Hooked ever since. <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Sasy's Girl

My older sister started playing FF X and I totally loved it. I was twelve, and at that age was totally infactuated with romance stories. Since, FF has a pretty big love story to it I was like "oh em gee, I love Final Fantasy".

Then I started to play, and that's when when I lost my social life. The end. and the rest is history.