Dragon Ball Kai discussion

Koby

It would be nice if someone encoded the original dbz with the awesome intro from kai.. anyways, I just don't see the sense of censoring the blood, I mean lots of newer shows that air on Japanese telivision have a large degree of blood and even nudity to some extent so WTF!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the dub doesn't suq -_-

The first 13 episodes are out. The dub actually sounds very close to the original. Some of the voices sound a little off since they are still trying to get use to sounding like they did so many years ago when they originally voiced the characters, but other then that it's great. Gohan does sound a little more girlish though with his new voice actor, but he's still near a baby though, so I'm hoping he sounds better as the story progresses like during the Vegeta fight, and especially on-wards into the series. I've only watched the first 5 so far and Gohan is already being trained by Piccolo, while Goku is reaching King Kai next episode. So it's moving along fairly quickly.

Lol, I hope I wasn't the only one cringing during the opening song of Kai. I didn't hear the ending song, but I'm not looking forward to that.

I downloaded the 13 eps, but haven't watched it. If there's seriously no blood, or barely any blood, then that will be just dumb.

Nothing will beat the old Z.

yeah im not to happy about 4kides getting ahold of it but kind of happy that anime is getting back on tv more cause you don't so much these days unless you cartoonet work im more suprised that nick got ahold of it i mean there not the anime type i think avatar(the airbender not the bluse smurf kittys) changed their opinon on tings

LOL, point out anything you find in Dragon Ball Kai!

First off, in episode one, FUNi forgot to add the Z to the logo, but from episode two and on it's there. Personally, I'll always just call this show Dragon Ball Kai as it was originally intended.

They decided to change some attack names back to Japanese. In episode three, Piccolo calls the attack "Special Beam Canon". However in episode four it is changed back to "Masankansanpo."

Going along with the last one, while they are now using the Japanese names, they left "Genku Dama" as "Spirit Bomb". Can't they make up their minds which they are going to use? The Japanese or the English equivalent? Personally I prefer they keep it all English as that's just how I remember them from the old DBZ.

Yeah im rather upset they used vic to sing the english opening for kai on nicktoons, it sounds awful DX and they edited the opening its self. its not the full opening XD I dont know why funimation did that but im sticking with the dvd since im not going to watch it on nicktoons since i dont get it haha. part 2 is coming out soon :D and vegeta is going to be on the cover and its going to be blue instead of gold like on the first box set.

Yeah im rather upset they used vic to sing the english opening for kai on nicktoons, it sounds awful DX and they edited the opening its self. its not the full opening XD I dont know why funimation did that but im sticking with the dvd since im not going to watch it on nicktoons since i dont get it haha. part 2 is coming out soon :D and vegeta is going to be on the cover and its going to be blue instead of gold like on the first box set.

I'm currently uploading episodes 1-13 720p dual-audio at 4:3 as the Blu-ray's were 4:3.

Can someone explain to me,I have seen all 250 plus episodes of DBZ and I LOVED it,but what is so special about Kai,it just seems like DBZ watered down,condensed and repackaged so that we will be content with the old epsiodes that have already been given to us,or is it a total reboot for the series...

Dragon Ball Kai is essentially a directors cut. The animation is still the old DBZ animation, only it's been cleaned up a little. The soundtracks etc are new, and the dubbing is being completely re-done to fit better with what was actually said in the Japanese version as the original Dragon Ball Z translation was pretty off and altered the dialogue.

With that said, Dragon Ball Kai will have no fillers at all, so no more Piccolo learning to drive, no more Garlic Jr, etc.. Also scream fests and power ups have been shortened or removed. With the removal of filler, and shortening some stuff they are turning the 291 episode series into about a 100 episode series. Because with the edits, they are able to fit 2 to 3 old DBZ episodes into 1 episode of Dragon Ball Kai for several of the episodes through out, etc.

Pretty much if you have seen Dragon Ball Z, there is nothing new here for you.

Dragon Ball Kai is essentially a directors cut. The animation is still the old DBZ animation, only it's been cleaned up a little. The soundtracks etc are new, and the dubbing is being completely re-done to fit better with what was actually said in the Japanese version as the original Dragon Ball Z translation was pretty off and altered the dialogue.

With that said, Dragon Ball Kai will have no fillers at all, so no more Piccolo learning to drive, no more Garlic Jr, etc.. Also scream fests and power ups have been shortened or removed. With the removal of filler, and shortening some stuff they are turning the 291 episode series into about a 100 episode series. Because with the edits, they are able to fit 2 to 3 old DBZ episodes into 1 episode of Dragon Ball Kai for several of the episodes through out, etc.

Pretty much if you have seen Dragon Ball Z, there is nothing new here for you.

if it's supposed to be a Direct cut then why shorten it nicktoons is doing the same to what Disney did to naruto shippuden they'll edit all of it then it comes out bad

if it's supposed to be a Direct cut then why shorten it nicktoons is doing the same to what Disney did to naruto shippuden they'll edit all of it then it comes out bad

Maybe you don't understand what a directors cut means then. They've only cut out filler and the long as hell scream-fest power-ups. As for them putting it on Nick, it ALIRIGHT if they edit it, it's only being aired there to allow the new younger generation to watch the series for the first time. For the older generation that has already seen DBZ, there is the DVD's you can buy to watch it.

That is why I have a hard time understanding why everyone complains about them being edited and placed on the TV. The TV airings aren't for those who want their Anime uncut, it's so that the younger people will have a chance to watch it. It was never intended for people like us to start with. We are expected to grab the uncut DVD's.