Dragon Ball Kai discussion

Koby

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4KIDS after wat they did to ONE PIECE

One Piece was licensed and dubbed by 4kids. Dragonball Kai is licensed by FUNi but also airing on 4kids TV channel. So it's not going to be quite as bad. Besides Dragonball Kai is already edited compared to Dragonball Z. Even the Japanese version of Dragonball Kai, the blood is removed. There is no blood at all from what I hear.

As for One Piece.. it's good 4kids lost their rights and FUNimation obtained the license.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Ball Z Kai will have blood, language, and everything uncut on the DVD/BluRay.

If you havent already seen the edits when it will be on nicktoons dont be too surprised since they are dimming it down to a kids show, removing bardocks scar and blood when its showed on nick. how can you make it a "kids" show when its not a kids show to begin with XD lmao. It will start showing on nicktoons next week. People are already working on dvd rips and blueray rips as i speak. only a matter of time, really im thinking of just buying the set. But yeah im really happy they are including alot of language since we really didnt get much on the "remastered" versions from funimation couple years back. only had a couple of damns and hells. but goku gets pissed when he sees nappa and vegeta, calls him a damn bastard you killed my friends. they already deleted clips from youtube but people are having high expectations on kai, so im really looking foward to it. im already on episode 58 on the japanese dub and its fucking awesome.

uh baby naruto... ive been watching clips from the blueray release and there is def. blood in it. face palm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsuCQko_-WA

watch the end of the video, shows the its over 8000 clip. and whats on nappas face... oh look its blood, you just got owned. get your facts straight.

I think maybe those clips are edited. Cause I have friends who watched the subs and they all said that the blood was removed by Toei as well in Japan.. Also I've heard from several confirmed sources that the English DVD with the first 13 episodes has no blood either. :/

I guess we can wait and see since supposedly DBNL will have their encodes out tomorrow. But I've heard from a lot of people Kai is edited to begin with. Goku doesn't have a hole when Piccolo kills Raditz, etc.. which was that way as well in Japan.

Well i dont know what you guys are talking about, i have all the japanese episodes so far and there is blood and language in them. im watching the dvds now i just bought the english dub and there is blood in the american version, barddock had blood all over his body. so i dont know where you guys heard about toei and the no blood thing. unless you can show me a source im sticking with my uncut dvd dragon ball z kai. if you want me to post clips and pictures let me know.

Well i dont know what you guys are talking about, i have all the japanese episodes so far and there is blood and language in them. im watching the dvds now i just bought the english dub and there is blood in the american version, barddock had blood all over his body. so i dont know where you guys heard about toei and the no blood thing. unless you can show me a source im sticking with my uncut dvd dragon ball z kai. if you want me to post clips and pictures let me know.

Well I can't find the places on the net where it was stated.

But I did at least find this:

Some (but not all) of the gory moments have been edited to a degree along with nudity. In Dragonball Z when Piccolo fires his special beam cannon attack at Raditz and Goku, he creates a hole through both of them and a heavy amount of blood is shown, while in Dragonball Kai, no blood is seen at all, save for the holes that Piccolo creates in the centers of their bodies. More recently, in the scene where Krillin blasts a hole through Vegeta, only blood stains are seen in Kai while in Z there is blood coming out of the hole. Similarly, when Vegeta is executed by Frieza, we don't actually see the beam penetrate his chest. Nudity is notably edited as well such as in the first episode of Kai, when ever Goku (as a baby) is shown, his genitals are covered up by making objects that he is sitting on appear to be covering his genitals. In a similar manner in episode 4 of Kai, Gohan's genitals are edited as well by using his tail to cover him when he is shrinking from his Great Ape state to his normal self. All these edits are made quite possibly because Japan's television broadcasting laws have become stricter since Dragonball Z has first aired.

Source: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Kai

I did at one point read an official Japanese statement from Toei stating they had to censor DB Kai because of harsher laws and there was the removal of blood or at least the majority of blood etc.. So cloud1414, maybe there is a little, but DB Kai is essentially a cut, edited, and censored version of DBZ.

But if you have the official American DVD, would you care to rip, encode, and upload the episodes? xD

Well I know they did those edits because of japans laws are more strict then when the anime was originally aired. but i love the language in the english dub :D fucking awesome. if you can send me a dvd ripper and encoder i can try and rip the episodes.

DVDshrink: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

It can rip and re-author dvds.

AutoMen: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1018336

It can re-encode them to either xvid.avi or h264.mp4

If you want dual-audio, then after you encode them, you can use...

MKVToolNix: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

To mux both audios and the video file to .mkv

You will probably need "AviDemux" to rip the subs from the VOB dvd files though to mux them to the mkv file.