Mushi shi

allnall93

I love this show it is a slow easy going just sit back and relax kind of anime (I bold this part for a reason because if you do not like this about shows then you may not like this one) I usually do not listen to opening and closing songs but the opening song for this by Ally Kerr is wonderful and fits the show wonderfully.

well I really enjoyed it, but if you want an anime that has excellent character development with a progressive story line it's not for you

Asher here hit the nail right on the head here. The anime is great in general, I love it to death, no lie; however the story lacks a coherent overall plot, its just there and you take it as you please. I mean, you could skip episodes in between, and most likely not be confused as each episode serves as its own story (and I believe in one case or two, there will be 2-episode stories).

Don't get me wrong, Mushishi is one of my favorite animes, but it's definitely not for someone looking for like a Good Overall Plot with Well Developed Characters.

• 4 months later...

The show can be layed back at times. The way I saw it was that it was a daily life style show that presented a serious look into another world. Similar to are own but with a twist on the old fashioned spiritualism of ancient or midevil Japan. In terms of plot each episode is its own story. Similar to the style of Cowboy Bebop. You don't need to see most of the episodes in any particular order. How ever each episode presents a great story. I really liked the anime, simple but deep in story.

Primitive beings neither plant or animal, they coexist with us even though we can't see or feel there presence. The Mushi are mostly an innocent species, coexisting just beyond are line of sight. Enter the Mushi shi. Cloaked in mystery this benevolent group of volunteers risk there vary souls to aid there fellow man who get to close to the hidden world of the Mushi.

In terms of the style this anime is pretty good. I suggest any one to check it out. I watched in subs and due to the layed back style its pretty easy to watch. For any one who wants to try subbs Mushi shi is an easy starter.

• 3 weeks later...

When I watched it, one of my friends said it was like Case Closed, not because of the content, but because of how the episodes were laid out. They follow no path really, but they're not just random episodes and occasionally it will tell more about the main character's past. Over all I found it really enjoyable albeit very sad. If you're looking for an action-packed anime, you should probably look somewhere else.

When I watched it, one of my friends said it was like Case Closed, not because of the content, but because of how the episodes were laid out. They follow no path really, but they're not just random episodes and occasionally it will tell more about the main character's past. Over all I found it really enjoyable albeit very sad. If you're looking for an action-packed anime, you should probably look somewhere else.

That's true. Some of the episodes did not have the best of endings that I had hoped for when I first viewed them. Overall it's a great anime series, just it's tackling story telling in a different manner. Rather than create a overall plot, it has sub-arcs of its own, sort of like monster of the day-based series where each episode is in the same sense, but different characters and actions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You've got to watch this show. It's very relaxing, filled with weird, inviting events, each episode has a new world to involve you in.

If you're looking for something with fighting, don't watch it, but if you're looking for the perfect show of harmony, go for it.

I loved it

This is just my two cents, even if it's contrary to what some others thought of the show