Avatars, Sigs and Pics I have created (feedback appreciated)

J-Lord

These two are my favorites of the batch:

KaoclazmMJRSignature3version3txt.png

AnimecrazySignature3txt2.png

The first one is good as is. In the second one, I'm still not a huge fan of your choice of font, but it's not bad. And I like the brushes you used.

Shazi mentioned using colors from the render to make the background, which I think is really good advice; but in some of your most recent works, I think you're doing a little too much color matching. It makes the signatures look "flat."

Take this one for example:

JobonlineSignature3txt.png

The whole signature is made using shades of blue. It gives it a one-dimensional feel; nothing there really pops out. I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well, but try and add a little more contrast to your work to make it more interesting and eye-catching.

Oh, maybe I mean to say: Make a background that suits the render; don't try to change the render to suit the background.

If anything I say doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to elaborate. I feel like I'm babbling and being contradictory. Sorry. D:

This two are my favorites of the batch:

KaoclazmMJRSignature3version3txt.png

AnimecrazySignature3txt2.png

The first one is good as is. In the second one, I'm still not a huge fan of your choice of font, but it's not bad. And I like the brushes you used.

Shazi mentioned using colors from the render to make the background, which I think is really good advice; but in some of your most recent works, I think you're doing a little too much color matching. It makes the signatures look "flat."

Take this one for example:

JobonlineSignature3txt.png

The whole signature is made using shades of blue. It gives it a one-dimensional feel; nothing there really pops out. I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well, but try and add a little more contrast to your work to make it more interesting and eye-catching.

Oh, maybe I mean to say: Make a background that suits the render; don't try to change the render to suit the background.

If anything I say doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to elaborate. I feel like I'm babbling and being contradictory. Sorry. D:

Yeah as usual I have trouble finding the best font, but I also see it as not everyone one will like my choice of font, and some will.

Poetictragedy

I understand what you mean by it looking flat and that the render doesn't really have anything to help it catch the eye. I guess I did take shazi's words to a whole new level, I know thats not what she ment, it's just how I wanted to do the signature.

And everything you said makes sense, and I thank you for the advise to help me better my GFX!

Just a reminder, please do not post requests in this thread! J-Lord made a request thread!

In addition to the ones that Poe liked (I thought they were really strong pieces as well), I did like the orange one you did for Job. It is a little matchy-matchy, but, to me, it wasn't overwhelmingly so and worked out well. I liked the way it brought focus to her eyes, so good job on that!

They look great man.

Thanks man!

Great work here, J-Lord. You are really improving.

Thanks Yuri! Your GFX is coming along nicley as well, I can't wait to see more from you.

That Broly one is awesome! The guy you made it for must be so happy! :P

I'm sure he's even happier with his New SS3 Goku Sig ;D

In addition to the ones that Poe liked (I thought they were really strong pieces as well), I did like the orange one you did for Job. It is a little matchy-matchy, but, to me, it wasn't overwhelmingly so and worked out well. I liked the way it brought focus to her eyes, so good job on that!

Thanks EO! I know the orange one for job was a little, as you say matchy-matchy but my soul objective with that one was to bring the focus onto her blue eyes (like you said it did) and I felt like the orange was a good contrasting colour, even if there was a bit much of it.

And now I reveal more of my latest, most of these like always are requests that I have filled and a few are some I was playing around with. Enjoy!

JobonlineSignature5txt.png

BleachSignature3txt.png

YuriSignature2txt.png

YuriSignature3txt.png

YuriSignaturetxt.png

JymmerSignature1txt.png

JymmerSignature2txt.png

JymmerSignature3txt.png

KaoclazmMJRSignature4txt.png

KaoclazmMJRSignature5version2txt2.png

LeviathanSignature1txt.png

LeviathanSignature2txt.png

LeviathanSignature3txt.png

KakashiSignature3txt.png

PainSignature1txt.png

These next 3 were very hard to get a good colour scheme in, so im showing them in the hopes someone can see were I have gone wrong with them. I feel like I did an alright job, but not a good one.

AxelVIIIsignature1txt.png

AxelVIIIsignature3txt.png

AxelVIIIsignature2txt.png

The blue Roy Mustang, Kakashi, and Pain ones are my favorites of the new ones. The colors blended well, and the effects were neat. Keep up the good work!

Of the last three, the middle was my favorite. I like how you incorporated their hair colors into the background. Creating a color scheme that matches all of the characters is difficult, and I think that was a good way to go about it. The only other thing that might have worked would have been a monochrome color scheme, but that probably would have been boring.

The blue one you made for Leviathan is really well done--I like the way it flows and feels. It's kind of a peaceful looking image, like the lull before the storm or something, haha.

As for the last three, I agree with Poe and like the middle one best. It kind of gives it an almost ethereal feel to it? Hard to explain--erm, on the last panel of this page of Gunnerkrigg Court, you can see that the auras they have around their heads matches their hair colour. It reminded me a bit of that and thought it was a cool effect. It blends much better than the other two versions do.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It has been awhile since I last posted in this thread, I think so of the forum flash backs (from many months ago during the server crisis) may have removed some of the more recent posts, but any way I though I would upload some of my more recent work:

UlquiorraSignature_zps52c3ca62.png

This was a test version which I scrapped and re-did as the below signature.

UlquiorraSignature1txt.png

Redone version of the above signature

AnimecrazySignature25txt.png

AnimecrazySignature26txt.png

JSignature1.png

JobonlineSignature6resizedtxt.png

JobonlineSignature7resizedtxt.png

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have returned from a long GFX absents. Latley I have wanted to make/draw anime characters from scratch, after a lot of practice I would like to share with you my first character I have drawn from scratch, no tracing all done by me. The character I have chosen to drawn is Senna from the 1st Bleach Movie.

This took me 3-4 days to draw, I used GIMP.

Senna_zps13cf7386.png

Let me know what you think.

Edited by J-Lord

I would have to say that you are quite talented. The eyes are slightly overkill, but other than that it is superb. As always, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks, when I first started with the template work I guess my template was slightly off with the eyes and as I began to do the line work I did notice that they were a bit "overkill" but I just worked with them as I worked more with it they seemed to become more and more normal to me so I guess it isn't as overkill to me as it is to other, but that is also something I will take in for future jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

DeviantSennaV2_zps4cce1700.png

This is the second version of the Senna character I have been working on, I have made her eyes smaller and changed her into her school uniform. At the moment I am working on a Ichigo render that is turning our pretty good and has a lot of detail (or so I think anyway.) Can't wait till finish it so I can show it off.

• 2 weeks later...