Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Card

Shadow_Hyren

• 2 months later...

Silent swordsmen or Armored Dragons,

I had built 2 different decks for both of them and some time in the past when I was getting bored with yugioh I lost my 3 first edition Armored Dragons lv7 and 2 lv10 and my 2 Silent swordsmen lv5 and 1 lv7 >"< SO PISSED STILL!

But now I'm just finding my old cards again I really like Mystic swordsmen atm.

I've been thinking about this since I first saw this topic however it is extremely difficult for me to find a favorite in something. But I think I may have come to a conclusion. When I was a kid I liked Change of Heart card. Mostly because Bakura was my fav character but really what little girl didn't like him? But now I think my favorite card is Raging Flame Sprite http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/d/d4/RagingFlameSpriteRDS-EN-C-1E.jpg I like combining her/him with Gravity Bind http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090130214452/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c7/GravityBindSD4-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-GravityBindSD4-EN-C-1E.jpg Racking up attack before they bring out any monsters that level.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CARDS

IT KICKS BUTTS IN EVERY DUELS

299px-StardustDragonAssaultModeDCPT-EN-UR-LE.jpg

The bad thing is it's kind of deck heavy to have a deck built around it.

You need at least 3 Stardust Dragons, 3 Assault Mode Activate, and 2 Stardust Assault (3 if you want to go all out). That's 8 to 9 cards when most decks are best maintained at 40 cards thus making it nearly 1/4 of the deck without accounting for the other cards needed to ensure the Stardust Assault can be put back into your deck if drawn because otherwise it becomes useless as it can ONLY be summoned by activating Assault Mode Activate trap on your field while having a Stardust Dragon on the field and the Stardust Assault in your deck.

It completely owns once summoned, but it's limited as to what decks would benefit from adding him, and it's added dead draws to whatever deck you add him too. I've found he works best in Dragunities, since they specialize in summoning lvl 6 and lvl 8 monsters once every turn, but I've also found Dragunities to have more room for a bit of versatility without them, and well Dragunities don't really have any versatility so every bit you can add helps them.

• 4 weeks later...

I do enjoy the hell out of my good ole' Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode, however, as previously stated, more often than not it becomes a dead draw, and since I unfortunately have notoriously bad luck on the draw, I opted out of using the card full-time. It's a great monster and an improvement over my favorite card, however, it also requires a lot of attention devoted to it, and with my deck concentrating on a larger variety of monsters, I can't give it the attention it demands. Instead, I opt for my Majestic Star Dragon or Shooting Star Dragon, and even they don't hit the field very often, unless I really have no other option. Yes, that's right, I don't bring something out without thinking about it. Crazy, huh?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...