Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Card

Shadow_Hyren

What is your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Card and why? Is it because it's versatile, powerful, fun, or just plain cool to look at? I think it's only fair that I start off: I can't say that I have one single favorite card but one of my favorite decks I've made is a Fiend deck that combines the Three "Wicked Gods" and Raviel, Lord of Phantasms (quite successfully I might add). Okay...Go!

Ironicly, I asked this same question in my social group, Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Harpy Lady - A very strong card if played right!
  • Dark Magician Girl - Other than being super cute, she's powerful.
  • Blue Eyes White Dragon - It's a friggin' dragon. Who doesn't love dragons?
  • Red Eyes Black Dragon - See above.
  • Harpies Pet Dragon - Need I really say more? (Also a bonus to Harpie Lady)

Cards have come and cards have gone. My favorites keep changing but at the moment, it's this little Scarecrow here -

Scrap-IronScarecrow-DPCT-EN-UR-LE.jpg

"A trap card!? What's cool about that?", you may say but this little trap card has helped me out of many a binds.

I was having a duel earlier in which i had one monster which couldn't be destroyed by battle but my opponent had one monster which dealt Piercing Damage. And that's where this Scarecrow came into play.

Everytime the Piercing one would attack, I'd activate good ole Scarecrow and then I could set it face-down again and use it all over again the next turn while I regained my hand.

As far as monsters go this baby is my new favorite:

Red-EyesDarknessMetalDragonJUMP-EN-UR-LE.png

It's a 2800 attack monster that can be Special Summoned by simply removing from play one Dragon monster you control. So you can summon a level 4 or lower Dragon and in the same turn banish it to bring this out. Then as an added benefit this monster can bring out 1 Dragon per turn from your Graveyard. I like to use Dragon Ravine's 2nd effect to send White Night Dragon to the Grave from my Deck and then use Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon's effect to bring it out of the grave and onto my field. Thus on my first turn if I have Dragon Ravine and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon I can essentially end up with a 2800 attack and 3000 attack monster on my side of the field very easily.

swords-of-revealing-light.jpg

I know you can't win a duel with this card, but I have done the next best thing ever since I bought my first starter deck all those years ago: stalled until I could win.

I currently use an Exodia deck, and this card got the most play while Jinzo and Royal Decree were huge. This is only a temporary solution, but you can set up a huge defense in three turns, and the fact that it goes away stops many people from using spell destroyers (and further prevents people from using giant trunade) Finally, it is one of the few stalling cards that allow you to simultaneously mount an offensive force, since it does not prevent you from attacking at all, unlike nightmare steelcage, level limit area B, Messenger of peace, and gravity bind.

This card isn't for everyone, but in as a last resort it can come in handy.

I have a lot of favourite cards, too many to list, but now I'd like to share one of my favourites. The ORIGINAL XYZ (no, not Exceed, as someone who runs this card it annoys me to no end that they call exceed Xyz in English) XYZ Dragon Cannon (of course with my favourite art, the Japanese art which i do own one of).

XYZ-DragonCannonLE5-JP-UR.jpg

LIGHT

Machine/Fusion/Effect

8/2800/2600

"X-Head Cannon" + "Y-Dragon Head" + "Z-Metal Tank"

This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by removing from play the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. You can discard 1 card to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Ran this card for years, and still do in its second incarnation. I opt out of VW since i think adding those in overall not only slows it down but just doesn't fit in my build.

I have several favorite cards, but my current favorite is the one monster I can call my "ace". If you have to ask, it's the most useful form of my best monsters, the initial form, Stardust Dragon.

357px-StardustDragonTU06-EN-R-UE.jpg

Level 8

WIND

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase.

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

no, not Exceed, as someone who runs this card it annoys me to no end that they call exceed Xyz in English

It's XYZ in Japan too. Exceed was a failed, but understandable fail, by fansubbers.

By the way I run a VWXYZ-Dragon Canon deck as well. =P

@TallFry. Stardust Dragon is rather overrated. 99.8% of all decks these days run him in their Extra Deck. Starlight Road makes him capable in any deck, and his effect is almost overpowered.

Yeah, but I use him because I like him, I don't care what others think. It's a fun card to use and I can fully utilize not only him, but his more advanced forms, Shooting Star Dragon, and Majestic Star Dragon. If you remember, my deck could easily be called a tweaked Yusei deck, so it only makes sense that I run Stardust as one of my main monsters, even if he's not always the game-winner.

Well, Stardust IS highly over-rated, but that's mostly 'cuz he's the main monster in 5D's. It's what he was designed for. People see Yusei winning every duel with him and they go "that must be the greatest Synchro ever!".

However, the difference between 5D's and real dueling is that you don't have a magical dragon tattoo in real life that let's you draw Majestic Dragon/Junk Synchron/Effect Veiler exactly when you want it to.

Stardust has a good effect but it can easily be countered, as I saw in a duel against Koby. We both were testing the "New Star" Deck and had our Stardust's out. So, he did something that would destroy a card of mine and I countered with Stardust and he counter-countered with HIS Stardust.

Something like Divine Wrath would knock him out quickly as well.

All in all, 2500 ATK for Level 8 monsters really isn't enough these days when you can easily bring out Level 8's with more than 3000, a feat once held only by Blue Eyes White Dragon.

@salmun that looks like a real cool card for when the opponent likes bringing out Marshmallons.

Well, Stardust IS highly over-rated, but that's mostly 'cuz he's the main monster in 5D's. It's what he was designed for. People see Yusei winning every duel with him and they go "that must be the greatest Synchro ever!".

However, the difference between 5D's and real dueling is that you don't have a magical dragon tattoo in real life that let's you draw Majestic Dragon/Junk Synchron/Effect Veiler exactly when you want it to.

Stardust has a good effect but it can easily be countered, as I saw in a duel against Koby. We both were testing the "New Star" Deck and had our Stardust's out. So, he did something that would destroy a card of mine and I countered with Stardust and he counter-countered with HIS Stardust.

All in all, 2500 ATK for Level 8 monsters really isn't enough these days when you can easily bring out Level 8's with more than 3000, a feat once held only by Blue Eyes White Dragon.

@salmun that looks like a real cool card for when the opponent likes bringing out Marshmallons.

I also agree that Stardust isn't the greatest Synchro monster ever, and I would still use him even if everyone in the world thought he was a horrible card, My reasoning for using him and even going as far as referring to him as my "signature card" is simply because I like it. I don't need any other reason to play it. Now, I'm not gonna go as far as to only play these cards that I think are awesome, because if you just slap in cards you like, you aren't going to be dealing any damage. My wins with Stardust come from my ability to support him, and half the time i never even summon him. I have other monsters that win too. Also, I, too, may post other favorites here in the forseeable future.