Full Metal Alchemist

Guest Alchemist

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Question for those who have watched the whole Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series and seen the 4 OVA's that are out. I don't know how many OVA's there will be in total in the end.. but what I want to know.. is where does each of the OVA's fit? Even if it's just filler there ought to be a place they fit best.

Like say.. OVA 1... I wouldn't want to watch it after seeing just 6 episodes of the series if it contained information of stuff you don't learn till episode 20... for an example.

i'm as stumped as you are, man.

although, sometimes, things just don't fit in timelines.

take the DBZ movies for example.

in "Bojack Unbound", Gohan struggles to becomes SSJ2 even though he had already learnt do it after beating Cell.

also, there is the "Bio-Broly" movie which takes place after the World Tournament, yet even if you tried, you couldn't fit it in the anime episodes cause there wasn't any time for the events to happen.

things like these have been called "Alternate reality" or something like that.

maybe, its the same case with FMAB, but i dunno for sure.

i'm as stumped as you are, man.

although, sometimes, things just don't fit in timelines.

take the DBZ movies for example.

in "Bojack Unbound", Gohan struggles to becomes SSJ2 even though he had already learnt do it after beating Cell.

also, there is the "Bio-Broly" movie which takes place after the World Tournament, yet even if you tried, you couldn't fit it in the anime episodes cause there wasn't any time for the events to happen.

things like these have been called "Alternate reality" or something like that.

maybe, its the same case with FMAB, but i dunno for sure.

Yes.. but you at least knew it could fit somewhere between there based on their transformations or what characters are there.

I'm not saying we'll know exactly where these OVA's go.. but I'm just asking for approximations from people who have watched the whole show and the OVA's. That way I don't ruin something by watching the OVA before I should.

Like in DBZ.. what if you watched Bojack Unbound when you were still in the Freeza saga of the tv series? You just wouldn't have done that.

okay, according to the release dates, here's how i estimate it :-

OVA # 1 : The Blind Alchemist goes between Episode 20 and 21

OVA # 2 : Simple People goes between Episode 37 and 38

the next 2 OVA's serve as prequels and can be watched in any context, but their according to their release dates,

OVA # 3 : Tales of the Master goes between Episode 53 and 54. (It's the back-story of Izumi Curtis, the teacher of the Elrics)

OVA # 4 : Yet Another Man's Battlefield was released after the finale of the series (it basically covers the flame alchemist's back-story, how he met hughes in detail, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I swear, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just a big rip off of the actuall anime. Seriously! Alphonse sounds like a fricking girl (and I know his voice is done by a woman), Rose never ONCE considered shooting Edward, and EDWARD ISN'T SUPPOSED TO MARRY WINRY!!

I'm an Anti-Winry person. Seriously. I want her dead.

I do watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, though, becaus I am a loyal Fullmetal Fan Girl. :3

And I'm sticking to it. This post actually shouldn't make sense, because I'm just trying to get five posts so I can download anime.

Thanks for reading this.

I swear, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just a big rip off of the actuall anime. Seriously! Alphonse sounds like a fricking girl (and I know his voice is done by a woman), Rose never ONCE considered shooting Edward, and EDWARD ISN'T SUPPOSED TO MARRY WINRY!!

I'm an Anti-Winry person. Seriously. I want her dead.

I do watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, though, becaus I am a loyal Fullmetal Fan Girl. :3

And I'm sticking to it. This post actually shouldn't make sense, because I'm just trying to get five posts so I can download anime.

Thanks for reading this.

Actually considering the manga is the true story... Fullmetal Alchemist would be the rip off.. Not Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. As Brotherhood follows the true story written by the creator.

As for your comment, I'd watch what you say because you'll get banned if you are only spamming to get access to the downloads and never post again. Those who stop being active once getting to downloads are deemed leechers and eventually banned.

I really liked Brotherhood; the animations were a lot cleaner and I thought it had a better storyline. (Since it followed the mange more)... Also, I thought Al sounded perfect, and that his voice fit his personality really well. Oh well, to each their own. ^-^

Well since she admitted that she's just trying to get those 5 posts and wasn't intending to make sense, we can safely assume that she was talking a load of crap that she probably doesn't believe herself and can be ignored. Being an experienced leecher myself, I know all about these tactics lol.