Fall 2011 Anime Season

Koby

Chart:

fall-11-chart-1.jpg

I'll talk about some that showed promise in my opinion.

Hunter x Hunter - This is guaranteed to be picked up. I absolutely fell in love with the original quickly. It's a very awesome and original take on the Shounen genre.

Gundam AGE - Has potential being a Gundam series and all, but the majority of them are just rehashes of the same thing and this one is apparently aimed at a younger audience so it might not really be for me. If not I still have Victory Gundam and Turn-A Gundam to watch until something better comes along.

Guilty Crown - The premise sounds riddled with cliches and unoriginal but it did still seem interesting. Going to have to wait to see a promo but chances are I'll at least watch a few episodes.

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - This one seems to scream intellect. I can only hope it can have a story progression and planning to match it similar to Death Note rather than Code Geass where the character is made out to be a genius but fails at it and resorts to failed story telling and over-obsessive abuse of dues-ex-machina. Only time will tell if it'll fall into either of those categories though.

A couple others seemed interesting but they were all sequels to existing shows I haven't had a chance to check out yet. Of course I'll be continuing to grab the new Higurashi no Naku Kuro ni Kira OVA as it's released, the new Queen's Blade OVA, Deadman Wonderland OVA, and Gundam Unicorn.

The new 3D Tekken movie looks nice as as well but that'd likely not be released subtitled till this time next year.

PV's and Trailers

Ok so words and pictures can say a lot but sometimes we need a little animation to aid in our decisions.

Ben-To

QSsDkFMKN2M

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai

C9_IqNnETjQ&hd=1

Busou Shinki Moon Angel

8va7IvZ8Pc8&hd=1

C³ - Cube x Cursed x Curious

1HrYVwlEyQU&hd=1

Chihayafuru

zAU2eGJKjxM

Fate/Zero

0fEKsjY4TWM

Guilty Crown

Fyf0XiN8jm8&hd=1

Kimi to Boku

5AjLSKRLHLI&hd=1

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

gPnph7XPIPI

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!

EJDTVziipHU

Mashiro-iro Symphony

GRCw1aWN0LY

Maken-Ki!

fyZog-c2nY8

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

11DecXqdN7o

Persona 4 The Animation (PV 1 to 9)

D1xrZhsT8yU

Shakugan no Shana III Final

oWj6dyz9zDw&hd=1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tekken Blood Vengeance already premiered in the USA, though I don't know if it was in English or Japanese. I don't think it was in 3D, though, either. It was most likely a subbed version. It was on July 26 in Texas. before the official premier in Japan on September 1, 2011.

last exile, DMWL OVA, New Gundam, Fate/Zero, Shakugan no Shana, Tekken, Baka to Test! Guilty crown, UN-GO and kyoukai senjou no horizon look interesting too. VERY promising season Imo

oh AND bakuman!

Definitely gonna watch: baka to test, fate/zero, shakugan no shana, DMWL OVA, bakuman

Definitely gonna try: UN-GO, Guilty Crown, Gundam, kyoukai senjou, Tekken, last exile

Might try: tamayura, maken kii, working, persona 4, hunter x hunter, kimi to boku, boku wa tadamachi

that is surprising. I'm probably gonna at least try most of them. Could be the season in which I pick up the most. This season has the potential to recover the industry from sliding towards, 'Fanservice a must'. I hope we aren't disappointed.

Definitely gonna watch: fate/zero, shakugan no shana, bakuman, Deadman Wonderland OVA, kimi ni todake OAD, prince of tennis eikokushiki teikyuu shiro kessen,

Might Watch: persona 4, Guilty Crown

I think this season looks to be the best of this year.

I am currently looking forward to the Persona 4 Anime, Gundam AGE, Fate/Zero, Last Exile: Ginyoku no Gan, Shakugan no Shana III, Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki The Animation (Based on Legend of Heroes 6: Trails in the Sky series), s-CRY-ed Alteration, and Tekken Blood Vengeance. I most likely won't be watching them right away and some could even have dubs before I get to watching them. I may even watch an episode or more of some of the others.

Well, I'm currently looking forward to these -

HunterXHunter - I really liked the original version so a remake is alright with me.

Deadman Wonderland OVA

Tekken : Blood Vengeance - A Tekken movie that isn't done in by Hollywood? Yes, Please.

Bakuman 2 - Easily my favorite slice of life manga

Persona 4 - I've played and loved Persona 3 and it seems like this anime is set in the same rural background as 3.

Lupin III - I can never get enough of this series.