Your Idea's Please!?

Koby

we have contests right?do what I suggested a long time ago and make contests out of forum games that are competitive like the Insult Game

We really need to start organising contests for the new year.

I dunno. I mean, if in the right hands, the shoutbox can be a good thing, but as long as people like me and Hope are around (;)), you know that'll never be a safe place to tread, especially when Koby is the only one who is able to do anything about it.

the answer to that is more authority.Besides it's only a shoutbox who cares who says what.but maybe we can get one of those that requires you to be a member to post.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it ate up bandwidth or some strange thing... I think it had to do with the queries thing?

Anyway. The shoutbox really shouldn't be a collection of crap on the front page, displaying all the asshole-ishness of anony-posters. And if I recall, hardly anyone used the D-Shoutbox, save from the initial frenzy of posts when it first came into play.

Well If/when we get a shoutbox it will definatly be one that is used by the forums MYSQL, meaning Members ONLY. So no random guests, etc.. And staff of the forum should be able to mod it, not too sure how that goes though. Depends on the shoutbox Modification.

Meh, so true bernie. We use to use one on its own page because of bandwidth issues, and used one hosted elsewhere on every page. But I recently changed hosts and all and have more bandwidth then I could possibly dream of using. Five whole Terabytes!!!

For future reference for all the people who are lost about fast reply but are too scared to ask:

Profile (from your little toolbar) > Look and Layout Preferences > Use quick reply on topic display. (From there you can choose to have it not show at all, show but have it off, and show but have it on. I have mine set to the third one, since it's most efficient for me. :P)

It's not a difficult thing to find.

Sticky? Lol.

By the way! I don't know what they're called, but I think you guys talked about them a long time ago, but it would be pretty nifty to see a little graphic square that shows up by the URL of the forum in the address bar. We could totally vote on what it should be like and stuff. I was just reminded of it when I wandered to my favourite oekaki site.

I only read the first page, so without reading the other posts...

I see a suggestion for new skin was made. I'll be even more specific and say have a dark skin. Not black, but dark blue, dark, maybe charcoal gray? Someone may have requested a dark skin already but I can't be arsed to read every reply.

A preview of the new skin in progress can be found in the user control panel. You can change to that skin. It's called Verse Realm. Although I do NOT recommend using it yet as it is still under work, and may have several problems, etc.. as I do some work to it.