Bandai Adds .hack//G.U. Trilogy Anime

Koby

The North American distributor Bandai Entertainment has announced at its "surprise" Otakon 2008 panel on Saturday night that it has acquired the feature-length .hack//G.U. Trilogy anime film. Cyber Connect 2 (.hack//SIGN, .hack//Legend Of The Twilight) adapted the story of the .hack//G.U. role-playing game trilogy for this newly animated feature in high definition. The project was first screened in a Tokyo theater in December of 2007, and Bandai Visual released the project on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in Japan, after an initial delay, just this past March. Bandai Entertainment and the other Namco Bandai group companies have released the earlier game and anime installments in the franchise, including the .hack//Roots prequel.

I just recently watched LOTT and Liminality. I'm about to watch Sign, then go on and watch Roots. I actually don't understand which one I should watch in what order, and which ones to watch before seeing the movie. O.o I've never played any of the .hack games either, lol. Ah, I sound like an idiot. O.o

well you should watch sign before any of the others. sign is where it all happened. then the .hack// games follow sign. then watch roots. and then .hack// G.U. will follow after roots. it is a amazing series i love it. i can host the trilogy movie on my site if anyone wants to see the movie, subbed and everything :) i would play the g.u. games before watching the trilogy movie, but thats my opinion :P

How many games are there? I'm checking Amazon and this is what I'm finding:

.hack, Part 1: Infection - $15

.hack, Part 2: Mutation - $20

.hack, Part 3: Outbreak - $18

.hack, Part 4: Quarantine - $45

.hack: G.U., Vol. 1: Rebirth - $41

.Hack: G.U., Vol. 2: Reminisce - $26

.hack: G.U., Vol.3: Redemption - $24

Thats too many games for me to want to try to play all of them to just watch one movie.. O.o

yeah those are all the games that came out in america, but there is .hack// Fragment Online/Offline. Its the online .hack// game you play on your ps2 with your computer. It's pretty cool, but its limited like no other haha.

I still need to get .hack// G.U. vol 3 thats the only game i havent played yet. Ive beaten the rest :P

So to really understand the movie I need to play all games, or just the G.U. series? Whats the difference in the two series? Why is vol1 so much more in price? lol.. I might eventually buy the G.U. series since after all I don't have any next-gen consoles and I need some new rpg's to play, xD

• 7 months later...