Code Geass Anime & Manga Discussion [Spoilers]

shinji

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An official announcement has been made today at the Event (コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ キセキの誕生日) about a new Code Geass Project being initiated in 2010. Whether it is gonna be a TV/OVA/Movie is still unkown though.

Original source:

イベントの一番最後。声優が一人ずつ挨拶して舞台裏に去っていき、最後に福山と櫻井が残る。

残った二人がステージ中央に移動して、他の声優陣と同じくファンへの感謝云々をコメント。

そこでいきなり舞台が赤いライトに照らされ、黒服サングラスの男達に連れ去られる二人。

ステージ幕にゼロの映像が映し出される。

「違うな。間違っているぞ、お前達。誕生日とはレクイエムではない。これは新たなる誕生だ!」

で、新世界とか裏切りとか、キーワードが色々と映し出されて、

「新コードギアス! 2010年 続報を待て」と出る。

そこでイベント終了。

Thanks for the info duomaxwell01, but it'd be a little more evidence to post the link to the source rather than quoting the source text for validation purposes.

@ 5150

The romaji duomaxwell01 posted said...

"Towards the end of the event. Iki greets backstage away one by one voice, the last remains Fukuyama and Sakurai.

Moved to center stage and the remaining two people talking and thanks to fans like other actors of our comments.

Red light suddenly lit up the stage where people are abducted two men wear black sunglasses.

Zero projected images of the stage curtain.

"Is different.'ll Be wrong, we you. And date of birth is not in the Requiem. It's A New Birth."

In the New World or betrayal or colors are projected with different keywords,

"Rebellion New! 2010 year wait for a follow-up" and leave.

Event ends there."

Well it's a rough litteral translation. I didn't feel like bothering to put it in English terms, but you pretty much get the picture.

The event name posted above by duomaxwell01 translates to "Kiseki's Birthday...Lelouch of the Rebellion".

So pretty much at Kiseki's Birthday they announced a new Code Geass project follow-up will come out in 2010. From the sounds of it, they even showed a video for the project displaying the words "It's a new birth", "In the new world", and "betrayal". So a Rebellion starts anew.

The January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Thursday that Tomomasa Takuma is drawing a manga that is tentatively titled Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness) next year.

The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.

The new manga is part of next year's new Code Geass project launch. Code Geass producer Yoshitaka Kawaguchi revealed on the franchise's website that the new project will feature the simultaneous releases of serialized comics, music, new products under development, and visual works.

Sorry I should have posted the url for the news. But the forum gave me this notice when I tried to post the url: "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more." So..........it can't help..........

The English translation for the news can be found here:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/new-code-geass-project-launch-revealed

Meanwhile, a side story of Code Geass (prelude?) is also on the way and will appear in the Japaness Animation magzaine "Newtype" next year:

geass.jp/new_project/index.html (English)

geass.jp/new_project/index.html (Japanese)

Here's an article in the Anime News Network about the New Code Geass

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-07/code-geass/shikkoku-no-renya-manga-to-launch-in-2010

The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.

Mechanical Left Arm?...reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist

Sorry Koby, didnt realize you posted the same thing.

• 2 months later...

Woohooo! I thought Death Note was the shiz, but then Code Geass came along! And what about the ending of R2? WTF! I didn't sleep for days after I saw it. Too much for my brain to take in.

I must admit, at first I had alot of trouble trying to follow the political side of the plot. I had to watch it again to finally understand it. I couldn't quite warm to Lelouch and most of the other characters, but the twists and turns compensated for that.

BTW - it's nice to finally see some life coming back into the forum. Let's keep it up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Kiseki no Birthday event video release is announcing a new anime project called Code Geass Gaiden Bōkoku no Akito on Friday. The side story is set in a.t.b.2017 in the European warfront, where a Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.

The BIGLOBE website began streaming the event video at midnight on Friday. The event video is also available in Japan on Blu-ray, DVD, and UMD. Kazuki Akane (Escaflowne, Noein – to your other self, Birdy the Mighty Decode) is directing off scripts by Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Toward the Terra, Blood+). As in the previous two television series, Takahiro Kimura is adapting CLAMP’s original character designs for animation. Akira Yasuda is also returning to design the mechanical Nightmare units.

Source: http://kametsu.com/2010-04-23/code-geass-gaiden-bokoku-no-akito-anime-announce/

Awesome. I had a feeling the news I translated months ago and posted here about the new manga would eventually get made into an Anime, and it seems I was right.

• 2 weeks later...