Code Geass Anime & Manga Discussion [Spoilers]

shinji

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On December 10, the January issue of Gakken's Animedia magazine published a quote from the Sunrise anime studio's Code Geass unit for its New Year's feature, "2009 Love & Beef"*:

"All of you have shown us much appreciation and made the DVDs as well as the CDs so popular. Really, we have been blessed with fervent fans…. Thank you very much. Like we have said before, [a major character development happened] but Geass cannot die. It just ended, but we think it would be nice if we can still do something more. In any case, when we can announce something, in the not-so-distant future… "

Sunrise created and animated the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion television anime series and its R2 sequel. Sunrise did not indicate the format that any hypothetical future plans might take. The Adult Swim television programming block has been running Bandai Entertainment's adaptation of the R2 sequel in North America since fall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-09/code-geass-r2-naruto-go-on-hiatus-on-u.s-tv

The American television network Adult Swim will put the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 anime series on hiatus starting next week until further notice, and will repeat two episodes in the series every week in the meantime. Code Geass R2 went on an earlier three-week hiatus in late December and early January.

25 episodes of the first Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion series are now available on Bandai Entertainment's YouTube channel with the choice of English subtitles or English dubbing. Bandai Entertainment has not yet responded to ANN's request for comments.

Thank you to Starks and Atlanime for the news tips.

Discuss this on ANN's Forum.

OMG... First CN drops Blue Dragon... then they stop Moribito.

Then they shut down Toonami and almost completely stop Naruto.

And now.. they go and stop Code Geass.

What other anime is left? I fear they will drop Bleach before the fillers stop at 109 at this rate... :'(

OMG... First CN drops Blue Dragon... then they stop Moribito.

Then they shut down Toonami and almost completely stop Naruto.

And now.. they go and stop Code Geass.

What other anime is left? I fear they will drop Bleach before the fillers stop at 109 at this rate... :'(

Actually, Moribito and Code Geass R2 air on Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network.

By the way, Code Geass R2 will be coming back with new episodes in May 2009.

Uhm, Adult Swim IS part of Cartoon Network. So it's the same as Cartoon Network doing it.

And where did you hear that it's coming back in May? Because that news which came from AnimeNewsNetwork, stated they didn't know when it would come back with the new episodes.

Uhm, Adult Swim IS part of Cartoon Network. So it's the same as Cartoon Network doing it.

And where did you hear that it's coming back in May? Because that news which came from AnimeNewsNetwork, stated they didn't know when it would come back with the new episodes.

It's called doing the math.

Episodes 1 & 2 air on March 14, 2009.

Episodes 3 & 4 air on March 21, 2009.

Episodes 5 & 6 air on March 28, 2009.

Episodes 7 & 8 air on April 4, 2009.

Episodes 9 & 10 air on April 11, 2009.

Episodes 11 & 12 air on April 18, 2009.

Episodes 13 & 14 air on April 25, 2009.

Episode 15 airs on May 2, 2009/Episodes 15 & 16 air on May 2, 2009.

It's called doing the math.

Episodes 1 & 2 air on March 14, 2009.

Episodes 3 & 4 air on March 21, 2009.

Episodes 5 & 6 air on March 28, 2009.

Episodes 7 & 8 air on April 4, 2009.

Episodes 9 & 10 air on April 11, 2009.

Episodes 11 & 12 air on April 18, 2009.

Episodes 13 & 14 air on April 25, 2009.

Episode 15 airs on May 2, 2009/Episodes 15 & 16 air on May 2, 2009.

LOL.. and that doesn't mean anything.

They could always either show re-runs again.. or take it off the schedule at that time..

It does not mean it will be continued at that time.

• 4 months later...
Code Geass is one of my favorites of all time, Kallen was of course my favorite character.

I loved all the twists, and the brain racking battle plans.

I agree with the twists. You'll be watching and stuff will be going one way and then all of a sudden it'll be like "OMGWTF?!" Yeah good stuff. Definately one of my favorites.

You wouldnt watch something that was aniti american Icewolf? Agreed though Geass rules. I usually have a sense as to who will die in anime, but....

the deaths of Euphemia and Shirley really threw me.

On a side note what are the rules here regarding spoilers?

*edited and placed spoiler tag*

Oh and some really original mecha design here too

• 2 weeks later...

Code Geass Seasons 1 and 2 definitely ROCKS!

And I recently downloaded both seasons for my own Personal Enjoyment, thank you YouTube and Kametsu.

And speaking of Kametsu, the person who posted the URLs for R2 needs to be castrated for screwin up the Opening Song of Ep.25, by singing a long as if he was at a Karaoke Bar...and I truly hate Karaoke.

That being said, does anyone have the Last Episode of R2, so I can download it and delete the junk that I paid for?

And I recently downloaded both seasons for my own Personal Enjoyment, thank you YouTube and Kametsu.

And speaking of Kametsu, the person who posted the URLs for R2 needs to be castrated for screwin up the Opening Song of Ep.25, by singing a long as if he was at a Karaoke Bar...and I truly hate Karaoke.

That being said, does anyone have the Last Episode of R2, so I can download it and delete the junk that I paid for?

LOL seriously? Well I only posted the links I was given, I never downloaded the last episode. If someone was singing in it.. it'd probably be that idiot Ebonwumon, lolz.

I'll get a fix for it.

---

Okay here is another encode. Dual-Audio (English and Japanese), DVD RIP .mkv

Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 - Re.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YP8OPV9K

Is THAT what that was? I listened to only two seconds of it since I usually skip the opening song after watching it a few times. Castration may be a little harsh but yeah, totally shouldn't have done that.

• 3 months later...