Code Geass Anime & Manga Discussion [Spoilers]

shinji

Can't believe there isn't a thread about this anime. This anime seriously rocks. One of the best anime that I have ever seen. Seriously, the main character's (Lelouch Lamperouge) intelligence rivals that of Raito (light) from Death Note.

Just the strategies that he thinks up is amazing.

Deffinitely recommend this anime to everyone. The episodes just keep on getting better and better.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It surpasses Death Note. I mean Death Note was one of my favorites, then came Code Geass and it blew it out of the water.

I have been watching the english dub of Code Geass, but got tired of waiting for new episode each week so I went and got the Japanese subs.. xD I'm on R2 now..

How far have you seen shinji? Oh and the reason there was no topic because forum = dead..

and all topics I made, no one really replies.. O.o

lol yeah, i kinda realised that.

this place needs a revamp. I don't think it should be focusing on specific anime titles like main stream ones like bleach and naruto. IT should have a variety of anime from mecha, to romance, to thriller, to sci-fi, etc.

Also i think this forum would need a reset. as in, everyone starts from 0. The amount of posts there are and how long ago those posts were made would be unappealing to potential members. And advertise a lot on other boarrds. except i don't really go online much anymore besides to do uni work, download anime, keep up with the scene releases with respect to movies, etc.

so yeah, uni, work and stuff is occupying all my time atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block will run the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series in the United States. The late-night block has been running Bandai Entertainment's English-dubbed version of the first Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion robot anime series since April 26. The 18th episode of Code Geass R2 just aired in Japan on Sunday, and the series is expected to end after 25 episodes in October when the second season of Gundam 00 will take over its timeslot. Code Geass R2 continues the alternate-history struggle between the Britannia Empire and the oppressed "Elevens" of former Japan, after the cliffhanger ending of the first series. Goro Taniguchi is directing the animators at Sunrise on this project with character designs by the popular manga artist quartet CLAMP.

Bandai Entertainment just shipped its first Code Geass DVDs as individually packaged discs, a two-disc set, and a limited-edition set.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The North American anime distributor Bandai Entertainment has confirmed that the Adult Swim television network will move the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 anime series to the 2:00 a.m. ET/PT timeslot on November 8. The first episode of this sequel series ran at 5:00 a.m. last Saturday, but it will rerun at 2:00 a.m. this coming Saturday. New episodes will then run every week at 2:00 a.m. thereafter. Bandai Entertainment producer Toshifumi Yoshida had made announcement about the timeslot change during Youmacon 2008 this past weekend in Detroit, Michigan.

Bandai Entertainment has also launched its official website for Code Geass R2. Code Geass R2 continues the story of the original 25-episode Code Geass anime series after a critical cliffhanger. Code Geass R2 just ended in Japan in September.

• 1 month later...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-17/code-geass-r2-to-take-three-week-break-on-adult-swim

Kim Manning, the programming director of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programing block, revealed on her company's online boards that the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 anime series will go on hiatus for the next three holiday weekends. The 6th episode ran last weekend, but Bandai Entertainment will not deliver the next new episode until January 10. In the meantime, Adult Swim plans to run repeats of favorite episodes. This anime sequel premiered on the network on November 2, right after the first Code Geass series ended its run.

In other words, the next new episode (episode 7) will not be airing until January 10.