The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Koby

Premiere Date Announced for "Legend of Korra"

On March 14th, Nickelodeon held its annual upfront presentation, previewing 650 episodes of new content to the TV industry. Among the announcements was that Avatar: The Last Airbender followup Legend of Korra will debut Saturday, April 14, at 11:00 a.m. (all times ET/PT), as part of Nickelodeon's Saturday morning block (8AM-Noon).

From the announcement:

The Legend of Korra, in which the mythology of the beloved animated franchise from Avatar: The Last Airbender creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko continues. The series centers around a new Avatar named Korra, a 17-year-old headstrong and rebellious girl who continually challenges and bucks tradition on her quest to become a fully realized Avatar in a world where benders are under attack. The half-hour series will debut on Saturday, April 14, at 11:00 a.m. (all times ET/PT), as part of Nickelodeon's Saturday morning block (8AM-Noon), which has been the number-one destination for Kids 2-11 for 12 consecutive years and currently delivers more than three million total viewers each week. The Legend of Korra will air regularly on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.

oJj-QUTBGng

I am a fan of the first Avatar series. So i have high hopes for this one too. From what I have seen on the official site, and from other sources it looks really good. One thing I have heard that makes me somewhat disappointed is that its supposed to be shorter than the previous series. Oh well we can't have everything our own way.

I have 2 problems with this new series... For one, she's already mastered everything but air... So she's already a fully established character. Why not start from the beginning when she only knows water, and then her tribe is all "Oh, by the way, you're the avatar... GTFO!" And then you watch her journey and all that good stuff. The second problem is that it is a shorter series. and I hate it when they do that >.< I'm not asking for thousands of episodes, but at least 50 would be nice. Anything less than 50 always seems rushed to me.

I have 2 problems with this new series... For one, she's already mastered everything but air... So she's already a fully established character. Why not start from the beginning when she only knows water, and then her tribe is all "Oh, by the way, you're the avatar... GTFO!" And then you watch her journey and all that good stuff. The second problem is that it is a shorter series. and I hate it when they do that >.< I'm not asking for thousands of episodes, but at least 50 would be nice. Anything less than 50 always seems rushed to me.

Just because she's already learned Water, Earth, and Fire bending doesn't mean that she's fully developed nor does it mean they can't show her training or learning those bending arts in the form of flashbacks. I think rather than a repeat of the first series with the character needing to travel all over simply to train for the entire show, they actually wanted to jump right into the action with the anti-benders.

As for length, where have they actually stated it would be shorter? Because if all it says is shorter, then it could still wind up being 50 episodes. Even if it's not, the story they've provided so far I feel could be wrapped up in 26 episodes without feeling rushed most likely.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first two episodes today and OH MY GOSH I LOOOOVE IT.

Korra is absolutely likeable and I am interested to see where they are going to take it.

Katara is an old lady, still alive and well and funny enough she wears her hair the same too..

it really tugs at my heart strings, i couldn't help but cry with happiness, and all the sentiment that Avatar : the last air bender , is known to bring.

I really am glad they have a lot of the same people that worked on Avatar: the last air bender series .. and its pretty cool to see how much civilization has progressed during the past seventy years.

Yeah it came as a surprise too me too, but hey I am not complaining except my upload speed is not that out of this world so it will take a while.

No worries I'm the master of waiting... 1.... 2.... 3.... ok I'm done waiting. Me want. ^_^

Just wondering, where did it air? Itunes or something?

• 2 weeks later...