The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Koby

Question: Is it worth watchin'? I mean I saw the movie and it was kinda crappy in some parts.

I've heard a lot of talking about this anime, but is it really that good?

First off, Avatar is an american cartoon, not a Japanese anime.

Secondly, the original cartoon series is ALOT better than that fucking live action movie adaption/piece of shit.

I HIGHLY recommend watching the first Avatar Series, all 3 seasons of it (60 eps total I think).

the technicalities of it being an anime or cartoon seem to be wrong here... nowadays anime more points towards certain art types. Or at least it does in the entertainment sector, considering Avatar: The Last Airbender is listed as an anime. Heck I have a bunch of korean anime, and it doesnt make a difference. Cartoons are normally a less realistic style. Hell, I ask....is Oban Star Racers or IGPX anime? Cause along that logic they aint. But back to the topic at hand.

To answer idls hopes, the creators have stated that Korra IS the exact opposite of Aang.

Kapp, the original series is brilliant, even for it being aimed at a younger age range. Also, try to ignore the existance of *ahem* "official movie" considering the script, production and directing was done without consulting the original writers.

And finally, mute, unfortunatly this isnt going to happen. Apparently all major characters from the original series will be dead, so i kinda doubt that Zuko's mother will be in it. Tis a shame, considering the live action was originally going to be animated, and a continuation of the story....meh...bit like an OVA of zuko looking for his momma!

the technicalities of it being an anime or cartoon seem to be wrong here... nowadays anime more points towards certain art types. Or at least it does in the entertainment sector, considering Avatar: The Last Airbender is listed as an anime. Heck I have a bunch of korean anime, and it doesnt make a difference. Cartoons are normally a less realistic style. Hell, I ask....is Oban Star Racers or IGPX anime? Cause along that logic they aint.

IGPX and Oban are anime, but Avatar and Code Lyoko are not. Simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...
Avatar is a cartoon, not an anime.

I call 'anime' cartoons because anime is just short for animation to me.

I do the same for 'manga' by addressing them as comics.

It's like saying 'kawaii' instead of cute to me. xD

I guess people just have different preferances.

Not so much as where it may be from but maybe the style?

As many people make 'anime styled' fanart and such.

Maybe Zuko's mom is still alive and will show up as a creepy fire bender lady, kinda like the waterbender that showed Katara bloodbending.

HERES HOPING. I'd actually love for that to happen.

I wanna know if she's ever found by Zuko since it was the whole reason the Fire Lord got any power.

Okay, first off ... why is it named "The Last Airbender : ..."? I mean, Aang was the last Airbender and now I suppose his son is the last one so the title isn't wrong per say ... BUT the story is about Korra, is it not? She's a Waterbender and the new Avatar.

So James Cameron made an Oscar winning movie about giant smurfs on an alien planet. From what I remember, Avatar : The Last Airbender aired long before Avatar : The Movie got released.

Hell, to some extent, I think Cameron even took the font off the cartoon show.

So, shouldn't it be the other way around with Nick threatening to sue Cameron for name stealing rather than what it is?

As for the new season, i don't really care much for the new characters. The driving force behind the original were the personalities of all the characters - from Aang to Zuko to Toph to Sokka.

It's the same thing as when I started watching the second season of Digimon and found out they had replaced the entire cast, which was a real heart breaker since the only reason I was watching to find out how they'd grown.

In fact, the only reason I'll probably be watching this is for the 5 minute cutscene/flash-back that shows Zuko meeting his mom.

Okay, first off ... why is it named "The Last Airbender : ..."? I mean, Aang was the last Airbender and now I suppose his son is the last one so the title isn't wrong per say ... BUT the story is about Korra, is it not? She's a Waterbender and the new Avatar.

So James Cameron made an Oscar winning movie about giant smurfs on an alien planet. From what I remember, Avatar : The Last Airbender aired long before Avatar : The Movie got released.

Hell, to some extent, I think Cameron even took the font off the cartoon show.

So, shouldn't it be the other way around with Nick threatening to sue Cameron for name stealing rather than what it is?

As for the new season, i don't really care much for the new characters. The driving force behind the original were the personalities of all the characters - from Aang to Zuko to Toph to Sokka.

It's the same thing as when I started watching the second season of Digimon and found out they had replaced the entire cast, which was a real heart breaker since the only reason I was watching to find out how they'd grown.

In fact, the only reason I'll probably be watching this is for the 5 minute cutscene/flash-back that shows Zuko meeting his mom.

Cameron's movie was written over 20 years ago. The name change for the cartoon is simply because it's more original and so it wouldn't be confused. They have the ability to use the name Avatar, they just chose not to. Besides after the Live-Action film.. which was actually one of the best adaptions of an animated television show to date (I do not agree with those haters out there who hate it for gay reasons or no reasons at all) made it more well know as The Last Airbender.

I'm extremely excited for this new series and I don't think the new cast is going to effect my outlook of the show much if any.. unless they make the main girl some cocky bitch

Cameron's movie was written over 20 years ago. The name change for the cartoon is simply because it's more original and so it wouldn't be confused. They have the ability to use the name Avatar, they just chose not to. Besides after the Live-Action film.. which was actually one of the best adaptions of an animated television show to date (I do not agree with those haters out there who hate it for gay reasons or no reasons at all) made it more well know as The Last Airbender.

I'm extremely excited for this new series and I don't think the new cast is going to effect my outlook of the show much if any.. unless they make the main girl some cocky bitch

Hey Koby, could you tell us why you loved the movie? I just find it curious as to how someone could like it. I'll be happy if you could list a few reasons, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll respect your right to say you like it, even if I at heart believe you're wrong to do so.

Hey Koby, could you tell us why you loved the movie? I just find it curious as to how someone could like it. I'll be happy if you could list a few reasons, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll respect your right to say you like it, even if I at heart believe you're wrong to do so.

It'd be easier to just state what I didn't like about it which was the cheesy dialogue and even cheesier acting by a couple of the actors. Other then that I thought they did a great job adapting the cartoon to live-action. Very little was changed, and the overall movie still managed to grasp the story without the fluff that comes with a TV series. It's one of the best series to movie adaptions I've seen for that fact. Most other adaptions attempt to change everything about the series.