Bleach Manga discussion

Nelzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had stopped reading bleach when Toshiro went zombie and after the final chapter came out, I binge read the final war arc from the start . After reading the last chapter my reaction was pretty much same as everyone who had been reading bleach for a long time ; " What the hell ?! " :eyes_droped: In any case, all this dragging of final arc; that build up, went down the drain!

All that sudden power-ups that came out of no-where and repetitive fights aside, In my opinion Bleach's downfall at the end can be attributed to a lot of things but these 2 things comes to mind:

1) Either Kubo made Aizen way too good or cool a Villain,

Or

2) He seriously chose the wrong guy (Ywach) to be the Final Boss!!! :confident:

Edit:

P.S : The women in bleach are one of the sexiest i have ever seen in anime/manga. (So I guess that's a plus point)

Edited by dragonamar

• 4 weeks later...

I heard by the way, fans are raging at how the series ended just cause of the pairings. Fans threw away their Bleach stuff in anger, only cause they didn't get the pairings they wanted. People need to chill. The pairings isn't what makes Bleach cool after all. Considering Kubo wasn't going to have pairings at all, originally.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, Guillermo31 said:

Will the volume 74 have more details about really happen 

The English release of volume 70 comes out in July, so it'll be a while till #74 finally arrives. And more likely than not, no. We won't get answers to many hanging questions and plot holes since the series ended. Unless of course Kubo puts out another guidebook for the series, but who knows if any of the newer ones will ever see a Western release at all.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Much like the Covid thread, this is another great time capsule that I'm happy to break open. I'll avoid resurrecting long-dormant threads when there hasn't been any movement on the topic, but the Bleach manga/anime has seen significant developments since @sudoku's post (almost 6 years ago!!!). I was with all these guys at the time. Bleach is a long-time favorite of mine, I started watching in High School when I was 15 years old. I found myself feeling attached to the characters and their tribulations because we were the same age, and despite my personal battles being nowhere near as significant as Ichigo's, I surely took some inspiration from the series to confront my daily school life troubles. As we get older, I think it's easy to forget that shonen series are written with early- to mid- teenage readers in mind. That is who these characters and stories are most meant to resonate with.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me! When this thread was last active, I was a bit miffed about the manga's rushed ending, the lack of backgrounds in many panels, and the anime's unceremonious cancelation. At the same time, I was (am) a diehard fan. I can't get that worked up over something if I didn't love it, deep down. I'm happy to say that there have been developments since the dark days of 2016/2017 in the Bleach world. We got a few spin-off light novel type things, but more importantly we got Burn the Witch & that Howl From the Jaws of Hell one-shot that got me excited for a potential manga continuation? I'll admit that I don't follow closely enough to catch every interview and comment made by Kubo. I recall something about how he writes/draws only when he's in the mood, and doesn't work otherwise these days. Even if Bleach were to see more manga releases, it could be at a pace akin to Berserk. I'd still happily take it! The anime has picked back up as well, with the final arc finally getting animated. 

Bleach will probably never return to full relevance, but I'm very satisfied that many of the loose ends are being tied up. The way things were going from 2012 - 2017 left a bad taste in many fans' mouths, but that is no longer the final talking point of Bleach's legacy. Are there any other Bleach fans who still lurk around here?