Code Geass vs Death Note

Tommy071095

Code Geass vs Death Note  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Code Geass vs Death Note

I think both series are intriguing. They both have complex lead characters and there's a lot of twists and turns in each story. It's really hard to pick which one is better...but I'm going to go with Code Geass. Only because I like the ending to that better than the ending to Death Note. I felt like the ending to CG wasn't rushed and really wrapped up the story. But the ending to Death Note just kind of happened, and it was pretty predictable.

Still, both are great series!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

"Death Note" was incredible up until L's death. After that, the story's pace/plot just seemed to decrease. The whole L vs. Light dynamic seemed to be at the heart of "Death Note".

I completely agree. The "battle" between Near and Light just wasn't as intriguing as Light vs L. The switch up of the character mid-way through the series was definitely a downer and the story got really predictable then, imo.

I prefer Code Geass. For one I didn't like the ending nor most of the characters of Death Note, though thats not to say that I didn't find the series enjoyable. In my opinion Code Geass had the more epic story as well as in my view the better animation. Not to mention I enjoyed the actual plot far more in Code Geass. And I feel Lelouch was actually smarter than L and Light, the fact that he remained alive I feel says a lot. But thats my opinion, to each their own I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

To me code geass it seemed that little bit longer getting into, i loved death note however code geass story was great and did not differ at all after i started to get into it, death note varied story lines for me just near the end, although i loved the characters in death note i loved code geass also for me there pretty much comparable.

Edited by franko446

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say Death Note. Just like the poster said, they are really similar in some ways, but I always liked more the serious and dark story of Death Note. Maybe not so many will agree with this, but I liked the ending, it just had to happen, there was no other way.

The way both Light and L plan things out and how it ets more complex is something that totally sucked me into it.

After all L is in my signature right? lol