Code Geass vs Death Note

Tommy071095

Code Geass vs Death Note  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Code Geass vs Death Note

Code Geass and Death Note.Perhaps my two most favourite anime series of all time and from from I have read on this forum,also many other people's favourite series.There are vast similarites between the two series,but also vast differences.I personally can not pick which one I think is the best out of the two,but I would like to ask what series out of the two everyone else prefers.

Code Geass was rather crap when you think back on it. Sure I enjoyed it massively during watching it, but thinking back on you you notice a lot of problems. First up, the pacing was terrible. T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E. The story telling was bad, really bad, I mean they failed to come up with intelligent plots to move the story forward and therefore had to constantly ass-pull dues-ex machina's for every encounter.

Death Note on the other hand was just as enjoyable through it's first watch but when thinking back on it.. man the pacing was awesome. The story was completely unique, and the intelligence level was off the charts. I don't recall any ass-pulling happening. They used sheer wit between L and Light to progress the story.

As far as Intelligence goes. L is smartest, followed by Light, and then Lelouche.

As for who actually accomplished their goals and actually lived at the end of the show? Lelouche! So I guess he wins in some way at least.

The tricks used in Death Note were a lot more clever and the idea of using the the power to kill to manipulate society was more intriguing than using just Geass to change one's mind. And the fact that when there was ever a problem in Light's plan he was able to adjust and work off of it, rather than Lelouch who seemed to have had to either rely on a random occurrence, or just had to retreat.

When it came to artwork, I think Death Note was more visually pleasing. Code Geass made every one look like a twig, and they were way too colorful.

I liked them both alot, both really good. Would have to say Death Note is better though. Purelly bcoz of the battle of minds between L and Light. Plus so many unexspected twists, which made it great. Although wasnt happy with the ending though, but thought it would end that way. Code Geass had too much going on in some episodes and was a little hard to keep track of what was going on. But some battle scenes were great and atleast it had a better ending.

A little part of me would have liked to have seen both Light and Lelouch survive.