Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Length of a series is never a factor in my judgement. Albeit the only shows that seem to go over 100 episodes is either trying to sell merchandise (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, etc) or simply shonen (Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Fairy Tail, etc..). At times it does feel like the pacing is dragged through the mud on the longer shows, usually on purpose to prevent adding too many fillers to an already infested series. However I've seen plenty of 12 episode series that were still riddled with fillers unimaginably. My top 5 favorite series has two seasons of 12 episodes each, 11 episodes, 26 episodes, 12 episodes, and two seasons of 25 episodes. So as you can see most of those long running shows, while I like and enjoy them, they rarely rank highly on my top favorites list.

it depends ; shorter anime are good because you go straight on the action/ intrigue, but some times they end up too quickly and you stay unsastified (i.e tenjho tenge...); longer' ones never end and you have to wait numerous fillers to get back on the main history -such a torture...-

that's why i'm going to say shorter' ones (if the end isn't dashed off...)

In general, I prefer 12ish episode anime. I loved Madoka Magica because of this, it was well paced and not drawn out, while at the same time being fast and informative.

But I also like series that round about 26 episodes on average, and I still watch long ongoing anime (like Detective Conan).

Depends really.

The shorter anime tends to have a good storyline as well as no fillers.

The longer anime is good as well but they sometimes stretch out the story to make it a full episode.

So i guess I would say the shorter anime.

It depends on the type of story for the anime, like Fruits Basket, that could've been a little longer, Bleach should've ended awhile back, but mostly i tend to prefer longer animes more to watch and more to enjoy even if it's full of nothing but fillers i do tend to enjoy anyway