Funimation Adds Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, and More

Koby

The North American anime distributor Funimation announced at its Anime Expo panel on Friday that it acquired the anime titles Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni!, B Gata H Kei (Yamada's First Time ), and Asobi ni Iku yo! (Cat Planet Cuties). It also picked up additional rights — for DVD, Blu-ray Disc, digital, and broadcast — for the television anime series C. The Fandom Post website noted that Funimation's online copyright notice already listed Cat Planet Cuties and B Gata H Kei just as the panel started.

Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni! will premiere in Japan on July 7 — and the original video anime releases for release in 2012. B Gata H Kei's Blu-ray Discs and DVDs will ship in 2012. Funimation will release Asobi ni Iku yo! on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in 2012.

Funimation also noted that it streaming over 5,000 episodes for free this summer on its official website.

Deadman Wonderland is a great anime I recomended I think thay migth make a season 2 but Stains Gate so far is not so good I thoughb it would be great since it was made from the creators of black rock shooter

See if you think that way after episode 12.

Which is good. It gives me one year to appreciate the Deadman Wonderland anime before the dub fucks it up for me forever.

You really hate dubs don't you? lol. You can always just switch to the Japanese dub on the DVD/Blu-ray. I for one am glad that it got licensed and I hope it gets released on Blu-ray about the time that Season 2 is airing. That way I can be sure it'll actually get another season before I spend money buying a series that may never get completed. I hope the dub is worth listening too though. FUNimation is often a hit or miss company with their casting.

Well, I don't hate all dubbing. Just most besides one or two series. My hate for dubbing doesn't really have anything to do with why I really hate the idea of a DMWL dub actually. I already know they're going to fuck up Owl, and they're going to get Genkaku wrong too unless they find someone that can do the stoner voice.