Primus - Nemaria Universe

nemarious

Would you like to see Primus be restarted?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Primus be restarted?

• Yes
    • No

Interview went well, I feel. In with both the Manager and Area Manager, talked about football with one and fantasy books with the other. 

Bizarrely, I was the first candidate to turn in a shirt and tie... Do these other people not want jobs?

:confuse:

Anyway, back to Primus tomorrow. Still need to finish the GDD this week (hopefully), although I can't say I've been sticking entirely to the plan, sometimes I'll do a bit of the other prep work just to keep it fresh. 

Still, provided I get you guys a demo out June/July time then I'll be pleased. 

Until next time.

EDIT: Ooh, we're up to nine pages now? Really need to pull my finger out and get this bitch made. Sorry...

Edited by nemarious

Minor gameplay changes:

• Malmascan continent place names simplified. The "Tul'" prefix has been removed and locations given simpler names. It was getting to the point where even I couldn't remember which name was for where. 
  • Ice spells have been removed from the game. Alysha (mage) was learning too many spells compared to other characters. It made balancing difficult. Monster weaknesses shifted to compensate. Very few monsters were weak to Ice anyway. Most have had their weakness shifted to either water or thunder spells.
Edited by nemarious

Haha... Just planned my first Easter Egg weapon. It'll take you guys a while to get all the reagents but you should be in the place where you'll get them for a while anyway. Should be good. 

Oh, while I'm here. Just received a call about a 2nd interview at the place I went to Monday. I'm both happy and perturbed. I'm glad things are progressing positively, but I wasn't told about a second interview during the first one so I'm unsure what the purpose is. 

Still, things are looking up so far. 

Lol... Just had another phone call about an interview for a different role. Perhaps I should have started work on Primus again sooner if this is what happens. 

Decisions, decisions. This second one is for an apprenticeship so it would be less money than the job but it's closer (need to catch the bus for the job) and comes with an industry recognised qualification (NVQ in Business Admin).

The job would pay much better (about three times) and probably has more chance for progression as it is a multinational company, but is more of a sales role, something I would prefer less over admin.

Hmm. Obviously, I'm getting ahead of myself here as neither have actually offered me anything yet but still. Will be hard to choose I think.

Edited by nemarious

Yatta! I got the job people, perhaps I should have started this project back up again soon. 

What this means for Primus:

• Development will NOT stop. Of course, it will be slower. The contract I signed is for a minimum of 25 hours a week although it's more likely to be 35/40 hours week. As such I will have less free time to work on the game.
  • But, this has positives. There are many commercial tilesets and audio packs that I can now afford to buy to improve the look and sound of the game. 

So a mixed bag. But for now, I'm going to celebrate the success I've waited nearly nine long months for. Enjoy your weekends.

Until next time.

Edited by nemarious

Huzzah! Three cheers for nemarious and getting a good job! Glad that it went well, and also looking forward to the "commercial tilesets and audio packs". Thanks for all the updates

Many thanks.

These are the sort of things I'm talking about.

Steampunk Tileset:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/65-steampunk-tiles/

Futuristic Tileset/Modern Day

http://resources.rpgmakerweb.com/futuristic-tiles/

So, perhaps not all used in Primus but it allows me to pay for resources I can then pass on to you guys. Of course, the games will still be free, after all there is very little market for RPG Maker games.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you all?

I'm just sending you a quick update on life, as I live it. 

I've completed my first week of my job which goes well. There's a lot to learn very quickly but most of the customers seem patient enough. It's very much in at the deep end for a first proper job. When someone asks you for a gas solinoid valve for a Baxi Combi 80 E on your first day you kind of shit yourself to be honest. But, no, in all seriousness, I'm picking it up gradually. 

The minute I seem to get settled they put me onto something else. I can hear whisperings on forklift truck driving/banksman training so it's a bit chaotic at the minute; but in a good way.

The staff are all really friendly. There's only five of us all together (six when we get our apprentice in a month or so) so there are plenty of hours to be worked. Hopefully that means I can get down my anime/games purchase backlog after I pay off my (small) debts.

As for Primus, I haven't done anything this past week because of work.

Hopefully, things will quieten down soon and I can do a little bit each week. I keep toying with doing episodic releases but that would cause problems with balancing/scripts/planning so that's off the table. 

Why did I have to choose to make such a long game? Lol. It'll be released. Who knows when though, eh?

Until next time.

• 3 weeks later...