Schools Days

ghostlysunny11

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The ending sucked.

For those who don't know, this anime was made as sort of a parody of "regular" harem animes, where essentially all the girls are in love with the main protagonist at some point or another (the anime "Shuffle!" comes to mind..), and gets away with it.

The few last episodes were actually the "switch" to the logical, and of course, it can only end in a bloodbath :P That was their plan: suck you in with a pretty storyline. I was surprised back then when I saw it, I was expecting yet another normal romance anime, so it was fun in a way. A meme was made in honor of School Days's main character: MANkoto :P nails everything he can before hell breaks loose, good man.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly this show was very interesting, I was very getting ready to finish this anime all the way through until one day..........i spoiled it for myself by skipping a lot of episodes to the last one. I was deeply disturbed by it, that i abandoned watching the series at just episode 2. And have not watched it (or tried to watch it) for the past 10-12 months. I don't want to watch a anime with a ending like that. The ending just creep me out.

Interesting series. It started out looking like your bog-standard high school romance, then got a bit dramatic harem anime, then went full-on psycho in the last episode. Makoto was an utter asshole in the anime, but he was way nicer in the manga, which also cut the harem out and just focused on the love triangle between Kotonoha, Sekai and Makoto. Makoto was a nice guy who didn't want to hurt either of them. The ending was almost as creepy, though less bloody.

I'll just say WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll edit this to something useful when I'm less confused about the anime I just finished.

EDIT

Less shocked and creeped out 12 hours later.

Although Makoto deserved something bad to happen to him that was too far.

She was holding the head at the end on that boat that made me pretty scared, although she was psychopath prone from the start I mean she had a reality meltdown when Makoto broke up with her that part actually made me feel really sorry for her.

This anime was almost a brilliant harem series up to 11 episodes and 15 minutes, but at least I'll never forget about this anime.

The last episode is so effed haha

I checked it out because a girl liked it so I tried to see if I could use it as bonding material. Man that was a mistake.

:dhh:

Using this as bonding material, yeah that did kinda go wrong. But wait a minute the girl liked it so she either missed the ending or she's a psycho.

I kinda knew the ending from watching an AMV about it but I had no idea it would be like this.

I thought that Sekai had stabbed both Makoto and Kotonoha and then jumped in front of a train, I must have got the wrong idea from watching it.

I'm still so confused after watching that... (this was my reaction when that crazy baby test scene finished :oh: then :beat_brick: and finally when the entire thing finished I was like :amazed:.

EDIT

Actually I found the AMV,

it's been edited so it made it look like Sekai stabbed both Makoto & Konotoha and then jump in front of a train. Also from this AMV I thought that the story was that Sekai & Makoto were first going out then Konotoha came into the picture and Makoto started to like her then he cheated on Sekai and then the killings happened. Then the END, that would of been a much better story in my opinion (at least no psychopathic Konotoha at the end).

Still good editing it fooled me =).

Don't go past 2:20 if you didn't look at spoilers.

I have no idea how they'll make a second season of this, I don't know if I could take another season of this it was too emotional and then it was too confusing.

After all the three main characters were all messed up by the end, two were severely decapitated and the other had a complete mental breakdown. How the hell did this anime go from a care free crush to a full blow psycho killing.
:oh::beat_brick:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...