Yuyu Hakusho

Koby

Who has seen Yuyu Hakusho and likes it? There is 112 episodes and 2 movies. I've only seen up towards coming close to the end of the tournament towards the beginning of the series. It reminds me a lot of the Dragonball Z series, but it seems less repetitive and better in my opinion.

I don't know who is my favorite character between Hiei and Kurama though.. Probably Hiei. xD

So what are your thoughts on this anime, and who is your favorite character?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have no clue. The series is golden, and Yu Yu Hakusho is my all time favorite Anime. My favorite character is Yusuke though. Komamura and Hiei are also characters I like, but the character I didn't like so much is Kurabara. He can be quite annoying at times.

I went looking around and apparently another company licensed the movies therefore they had different voice actors.. >_<

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I own all of the manga and I used to watch the anime but I think it was cancelled after a while. I'm pretty sure the manga was cancelled because the last few volumes seem rushed, like they could have ended it better. I think they were told they had to finish it in a certain amount of volumes so they crammed the ending. Not fact (can look it up though) just what I think happened or heard.

I finally finished watching the entire series about 5 days ago.

I started to watch the movies but the voices were so terrible I decided to avoid them. :/

Why did they differ the voices from the series and movies?

You probably know this by now koby but i just wanted to say The movies weren't dubbed by Funimation they were dubbed by other companies before funimation got the series

The first movie by AnimeWorks in 1998

But in my opinion the first movie is garbage anyway

The Second movie by US Manga Corps also in 1998

I heard funi is working on re-releasing the movies with the funimation cast but i'm not sure of when or if it's even true so i don't know

what grave did we dig this topic out of? o.O

In regards for the anime, I'll say that it's probably one of the best "battle anime" i've seen. I saw it first on Animax (they used the FUNi dubs) back in 2005, i think when it was being aired as "Ghost Fighter". The first episode I saw of it was during the Dark Tournament Arc when Hiei is fighting a guy.

After that, the next episode was a re-run as they went back to Episode 1 and I got to watch the entire series from start to end :D

Then, about last year, when I started watching Bleach, the idea of a guy who got in fights with high schoolers and became dead to fight "souls" triggered something in my mind that made me remember this. hell, a little while into it, they even copied off the Chapter Black Arc completely and made it a filler arc for Bleach as the Bount Arc.

So yeah, I'd give this show a 9/10

I like this series, I've reached 77th episode. I did'nt like the 1st (The Spirit Detective) season, I can't believe normal human beings like Yusuke & Kuwabara can get so strong in such a shorht duration time span. But nevertheless love this series.

yeah well, the reason for that is Yusuke isn't exactly a "normal" human being -

he's half-demon

... gosh, now that i think about it, that's ANOTHER thing Bleach copied off this series.

yeah well, the reason for that is Yusuke isn't exactly a "normal" human being -

he's half-demon

... gosh, now that i think about it, that's ANOTHER thing Bleach copied off this series.

this.

i think this is a great anime. i remember seeing it when i was a kid, until i rewatched it, the only part of the story i remember was when Goki, Kurama, and Heie were working together. my favorite characters are Yusuke, Genkai, or Heie. Yusuke cause everytime he dies, he comes back stronger lol. and Genkai is just funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...