D.Gray-man

Koby

*edit*

Just finished watching episode 87. The series is still ongoing. A lot of people say it's comparable to Bleach, only it's more Europe-oriented rather than Bleach's Japan styled.

Akuma, monsters born from dead souls mistakenly recalled by their loved ones to the living world, are the weapons of the Millenium Earl, who is intent on the destruction of the world. Allen Walker has been cursed with an anti-Akuma weapon as his left arm and an eye that sees the former soul of the Akuma since his youth. He is also one of the few who contain "Innocence", a substance that allows him to kill Akuma and fight the Earl. With these powers, he joins the Black Priest Organization as an Exorcist and sets out with other Exorcists to stop the Earl's attempts to annihilate the human race.

Come on, lets get the talk of D.Gray-man started!

• 6 months later...

Wheres the talking? sorry for double post.. but wanted to bump this topic for discussion and also announce the anime just ended at 103 episodes. It got an ending like Inuyasha (without an actual ending). The manga is still going and people suspect there will be more D.Gray-man kind of like how Naruto went to Naruto Shippuuden.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend got me hooked to the manga a couple of months ago. It's definitely one of my favorite manga series right now, maybe even of all time. After I finished reading all of the released volumes, I couldn't get enough, so I started reading scanlations until I got fully caught up.

Great news for fans of the series! Somehow, after the long hiatus, the new chapter leaked out. Some scanlation websites already have it up as of today!

I never checked out the anime yet, though. I just figured I'd wait until the English dub, since it's coming out at the end of this month.

So who else loves this awesome series?

• 2 years later...

D.Gray-man is a great series! The main characters are likable (except maybe Lenalee; she gets on my nerves sometimes), and the mixture of humor and darkness and fight scenes is perfect. The plot line evolves (sometimes kinda randomly, though) and the characters seem to grow and mature.

I'm not really up-to-date with D.Gray-man; I had a lag in watching them and now I have to catch back up! I'm interested in how it ends, but I don't like to read manga so I'm just going to have to wait for the possible sequel series (if it's not done by the time I get to the end :D ).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does it really get better as the anime progresses? I'm at like 10-12 episode and i find it quite childish. The plot is not really bad, but it's not amazing either yet.

I dont really like the bad guy(s), or the demons themselves. Not even the art is really appealing.

What are the strengths of this show?? Is it too much for children?

• 3 weeks later...

So the anime is finished now? I know this is a bit of a necro post but i saw the thread and thought, dgrayman anime is finished?! I must find it if it is true....must watch it....argh... *head explodes*

I think my signature speaks for itself in the fact that I love the series, definitely better than bleach in so many ways...

So the anime is finished now? I know this is a bit of a necro post but i saw the thread and thought, dgrayman anime is finished?! I must find it if it is true....must watch it....argh... *head explodes*

I think my signature speaks for itself in the fact that I love the series, definitely better than bleach in so many ways...

Only if you consider Inuyasha-style ending to be an ending.

The show just stopped years ago with a 'fin'.

They need to pick the show back up.

Also FUNimation fucked up the dub, then when it didn't sell well they canceled it. So dub is only 51/103.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was hooked the first time I watched it, and then even more so when I started the manga. It is truly a really good story and would have progressed quite far if not for bad luck....

I was really sad when I found out that the Mangaka had gotten sick and couldn't continue for a while. It's a shame really, as now the manga is progressing really slowly because now it's become a monthly manga. Still, the artwork is EPIC to say the least. The anime was just stopped, not much of an ending there.